Rugby Players Rape Trial

hmm…

“How is it that she did not find the words to explain masturbating for 20 months?”

I wonder if this is verbatim.

You could read that in a number of ways

Is true confirmation bias a subconscious thing?

:+1: dunno what way to take it

Personally I don’t think so, I usually question any bias I have, then my mindset may shift to a more centred one

Ya you are probably right. There is most likely a spectrum between unconscious bias and very conscious bias

Hopefully the judge will tell the jurors to ignore the disgusting misogyny and classism that has permeated the defense counsels’ closing speeches when giving them her instructions. The latest guy today saying it couldn’t have been a rape because three “middle class” women downstairs wouldn’t have allowed a rape to proceed. Then the misogynistic interpretation of Anna Karenina must have sent literary types over the edge.

2 Likes

Do you find that yourself, questioning ones own bias? It’s a good quality to have

You truly are woke. A doff of my hat to you sir.

3 Likes

I predict a riot .

I’m an INTERNET activist.

Certainly didn’t do themselves any favours either with those comments. We don’t know the jury though. Could all be middle class elitists, I’m sure the QCs know who they are

They’re gas men.

1 Like

You have evolved. Its great to see. That woman of yours must be a mighty woman.

1 Like

Their arguments are dating back a century. I’d have expected a more mild mannered approach. ‘Why didn’t you keep your mouth shut’

1 Like

I’m constantly evolving as a poster.

Fixed that there for you

There’s an awful badness in your typical woman. Wouldn’t you agree?

Saying that the jurors must make their decision solely based on evidence on the one hand and trying to influence them with these types of fanciful comments on the other. It’s very very very inconsistent. They’re flinging mud every which way. Who knows what impact it’s having?

1 Like