Rugby- Rape Culture and Misogyny

It is…and as a Parent, teaching in/running a school, there’s no way we’d be able to sweep and cover shite like that. I wouldn’t anyway bud.

What the f are you talking about? Sweeping /covering up? You sound as if your only two choices are between criminal conspiracy and being an empty headed mouthpiece.
Does your school have a publicist for this sort of thing?

2 Likes

I would always try to deal with things internally to everyone’s satisfaction, but, absolutely by the book for fireproofing. This would almost certainly mean informing or taking advice from an outside agent or agency, but that outside agency would certainly not be the media.
One must look for the best possible resolution. I have yet to see a situation where this involves shrieking headlines.

1 Like

It’s kids doing what they do best, being stupid. You talk to them. Bring in experts to talk about sexual violence and consent and so on… You don’t back them into a corner and try to criminalize them as they’ll just close ranks and learn fuck all from the experience except to be more careful when carrying out any such acts in the future… Tarnishing a whole school in front of the whole country is pathetic. Neil Prendeville is a wanker.

9 Likes

Lame response.

A “caring staff” can do SFA about pre-learned ingrained attitudes and culture that are prevailing among students.

The only way such attitudes can be tackled is for them to be tackled at a general societal level, and that happens by such attitudes being confronted publicly, not brushed under the carpet as you want.

An overhaul of sex education in schools is long overdue and badly needed because far too many young men (and old, as this forum proves) have a serious problem understanding what consent is.

So you want the schools to handle it, but not by caring staff… Ah lovely…

Staff can’t deal with such attitudes on their own, you muppet.

Such attitudes are picked up from a wide variety of places.

That’s why we say there’s a culture.

21% of Irish people think sexual assault is acceptable.

Did you make that up Sid?

1 Like

Insult, condescension, crap statistics and referencing “we” won’t make you right. You’re stretching

I’m afraid I did not make it up.

It’s actually 21% who believe rape can be justified.

Yes, I’m being condescending towards you. Well observed. :grin:

I hope it helps you feel adequate

It beats dealing with adequacy issues by denying rape culture, that’s for sure.

Whatever gets you through the day

i remember a day when the most controversial stuff youd see on the back of a jacks door in school was ira related stuff, brits out, fuck the brits, 26=6=32 , stuff about bobby sands and the HBlocks and all that.
you wouldnt see it anymore id say.

Did many lads from your school turn out to be Provos or hunger strikers?

2 Likes

vast majority grew to hate sfira

The jacks door in the Fifty One is always being cleaned

2 Likes

Covered in beard oil.

2 Likes

The nuns are still writing that stuff in the convent grammar. Try telling them it’s controversial