Rugby World Cup 2015

Informative @Rocko

I remember years ago something like that being referenced to. Ed Byrne was always a worse comedian for me, Maxwell would have maybe 1 funny gag every 2 episodes on the panel (not in anyway great), but was still head and shoulder above that pony tailed bollix Byrne.

3 Likes

When does this kickoff? I need a good laugh.

Friday week pal I think, the country hold’s it breath for some real test rugby matches going forward :sunglasses:

Need to sort out the intensity at ruck time, and put a stop to the missed tackles in the centre, whilst getting over the gameline which we’ve struggled with. It’s time our guys stood up and did it for Paulie :grinning:.

We need more from our ball carriers, hopefully COTY nominee Cian Healy can make it back in time.

Kilbarrack and Donaghmede folk are salt of the earth.

The Paper of Record has a 48 page World Cup supplement in today’s edition. Off out to get a copy now.

To be fair @Bandage said he didn’t want to travel to a shithole like Thurles, not that he didn’t want to watch the game.

It’s an underage All Ireland final pal, don’t be getting carried away

I wonder does Lockes know him

Ireland team has been announced for the opening game against Canada on Saturday. Bar the injured Robbie Henshaw its effectively a full strength team. Iain Henderson has quite rightly displaced Devin Toner as Paul O’Connell’s second row partner.

Rob Kearney; Dave Kearney, Jared Payne, Luke Fitzgerald, Keith Earls; Jonathan Sexton, Conor Murray; Jack McGrath, Rory Best, Mike Ross; Iain Henderson, Paul O’Connell (capt); Peter O’Mahony, Sean O’Brien, Jamie Heaslip.

Replacements: Sean Cronin, Cian Healy, Nathan White, Donnacha Ryan, Chris Henry, Eoin Reddan, Ian Madigan, Simon Zebo.

No Bowe, no party.

Great buzz around the place. You can really feel it.

3 Likes

What a 43 days it’s gonna be

some bunting alround

trumps Italia 90

2 Likes

If they reduced it to 12 teams they might have some chance of creating a buzz in the early stages. The miss-matches for the first few weeks are hilarious.
The rugger crew can delude themselves all they want with the “wait is over” nonsense, it doesn’t even come a million miles close to the buzz of the real World Cup.

1 Like

Cannot wait, it’s always great when we all come together to celebrate the cricketers and rugby boys who are the only true team sport representatives for Ireland

It’s easier in soccerball though to put 11 men behind the ball and keep a score down or eek a draw out.

In sports like rugby union and rugby league, not so much.

I don’t remember the group stages of the World Cup last year being defensively minded. It was fantastic entertainment that captured the imagination of a global audience. Bar the rugby die-hards, nobody is going to give a crap when NZ play the likes of Namibia, Tonga and Georgia in the coming weeks.

Italia 90 captured the heart of this nation. We got to the Quarter Finals by drawing every match.

It cannot be disputed that it is far easier for a footballing minnow to defend and avoid a huge score than it is in a game of rugby football. New Zealand defended for their lives in 2010 with some semi professionals on the pitch. The physical nature of rugby does not allow for that.

Lads can we not just all pull together for the next 43 days? Haven’t we all matured as a nation at this point?

Was in a pub there in Dublin where 3 lads just done a crouch, touch and engage before downing 3 half pints. I’m signing out from this thread.