Rugby World Cup 2015

Winners one and all.

I think you’ll find that any time a Rugby World Cup is about to start, this forum is always filled with people posting pictures and YouTube links of great moments from previous Rugby World Cups to get the buzz going.

That simply doesn’t happen for a football World Cup.

One my favourite moments I must admit, good ol Garrett, drove right out over the All Black back row :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0czB96GX_Rk

Has Gary Halpin done a Tom Carr and changed his name?

I believe so. Garrett sounds better. The thumbnail of that video is one of the iconic images of Ireland in this great tournament.

Drove through New Ross this morning. Great to see the ‘Good Luck Tadhg’ banners all over town. This World Cup is catching the imagination of the whole island. The purple and gold Wexford flags that were there on the bridge in New Ross when I passed through last week were gone replaced by IRFU flags.

This is a squad with players drawn from all over the island - Wexford, Carlow, Louth, Kildare, Dublin, Meath, Westmeath, Cork, Limerick, Tipperary, Antrim, Armagh, Down, Tyrone and Monaghan. Italia 90 was a squad made up of a handful of Dubs, a goalkeeper from Donegal and a load of bangers from England and Scotland.

This is true.

7 of the team that lined out versus Italy were born in the UK :laughing:

What do you mean by the UK now?

Lens 1999. A great day.

What was that now?

16 of the 22 man Eire squad at the 1990 World Cup in Italy were born in England & Scotland.

2 Likes

I believe the opening ceremony is one not to be missed with a special Irish involvement which I’m unable to divulge just yet.

Brian Kennedy?

No rumour has it Mario Rosenstock

Is Enda calling an early election over Henshaw’s injury?

Did you suffer a bang to the head today?

Outstanding shout but no.

This Murray Kinsella ‘goy’ on TV3 here is a fucking howl. He’s gonna be a star.

What?