Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 2) - Neocons Strike Back

Ireland suspends visa-free travel for refugees from 20 European countries.

Ireland has banned refugees to prioritise Ukranian ones

There are plenty other emergencies in the world and the EU haven’t mandated temporary protection

I have the exact same amount as you except i don’t use it to signal virtue.

You’ve done fuck all for Ukranians bar piss and moan about theres no upper limit, do you think that makes you a super hero

2 Likes

All you’ve done is whinge you don’t want foreigners coming here because you’re a small minded bigot.

it doesn’t take much to bring it out of you.

Hope you feel good about yourself.

I’ll call you as you are.

you’ll call me as you think I am, and you’re wrong as usual.

have a lovely compassionate Sunday you utter prick of a man, and I’m bang on

Just not correct. The “market” with housing is highly distorted, riven by State interference at every junction.

The one reform made to make it easier to build and that has seen success has been rolled back because people don’t want the market to do it’s thing with housing.

Ireland made more promises than others, hence the logical decision people made to come here in greater per capita numbers than the likes of Denmark, France, Spain etc.

The promises unfortunately will have to be rolled back on.

Not half enough state interference. The worst of what we are seeing today could have been averted if coveney had acted or even if Murphy had.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we start paying others to accommodate people for us as you suggested. Not ideal but it may happen. It will be messy anyway that’s just the result of an emergency, there isn’t any perfect solution.

Thats exactly what i said would happen a month ago you dopey cunt

3 Likes

Oh yeah? How did the “market” manage to deliver 80k+ homes in 2008?

Not one of the opposition parties have a plan more profound than they’ll build maybe 10k more social housing a year. Maybe with a state construction company, many using private contractors.

Where is the labour going to come for a public housing construction company? Competing with private builders?

The promises that have led to more people coming here than the rest of Western Europe have to be rolled back on.

We can then move to a genuine Europe wide coordinated plan.

Ireland having 50% of what France have in gross numbers makes absolutely no sense.

You need to take a break again. Calm down ffs

1 Like

Would you not put a leash on your girlfriend going around the place calling people bigots.

Ye pair of absolute steamers

2 Likes

Put a leash on my girlfriend?
Steamers?

You’re showing your colours fine & bright today.

It’s not like France or Denmark can’t afford refugees and need us to fund them tbf.

Irish Red Cross stating that accommodation pledgers are liars
CEO was on w Pat Kenny saying that the Irish Red Cross have responded to everyone that pledged, he was not very convincing, he then went on to say that refugees should be accommodated in urban areas as that is their preference!

If this has been asked already then apologies. Also, I’m all for Ireland taking in refugees, it is the moral and right thing to do. But young healthy Ukrainian men, why are they here or trying to get out of their country? Why aren’t they fighting against Russia?

Because they might get killed?

3 Likes