Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 2) - Neocons Strike Back

Maybe people from unsafe parts of Ukraine have family and or friends living in safe parts of Ukraine, I’d say it’s possible, what do you think?

1 Like

I suppose we should construct whatever twee woke scenario that chimes with whatever glas considers woke, and pretend it makes perfect sense?

3 Likes

Why are they in ireland and not in those safe parts? I purposely didnt mention that there are large areas of ukraine ‘safe’. I dont see why we should stretch our compassion for everything that is asked. They came to open arms and can return when they deem safe.

1 Like

Parts are safe, yes, but what about whats left behind? Their GDP is down by over 30%. Ability to produce power is down by 60% due to infrastructural damage. 22 of 36 power plants have been damaged or destroyed. 6,000km of train lines and 130 stations were damaged or destroyed. Over 160,000 homes were destroyed. 20 airports damaged or destroyed. 3,500 schools were damaged or destroyed. There is $150 billion worth of damage to the country but yet people think that because there isnt some towns or cities to bomb any more, that they should just go back. To what?

Peoples lives and livings have been destroyed. The tourism sector is all but gone. Major industries and businesses are gone. Children have no schools to go to, but sure its not being bombed, so thats ok. There is far more damage to the aftermath that makes it impossible for many not to return to a normal life again. Maybe in a few years if they can rebuild then families will be able to return. The majority of the population has stayed and the focus seems to be on generating income to sustain defence forces. Itll be a long time before the economy and infrastructure is fixed to make it sustainable for the future

6 Likes

Where will we put the Palestinians?

1 Like

There absolutely needs to be somebody done for refugees from Palestine. If that means ireland needs to step up, or the EU generally, then it needs to happen. Whats happening there is an absolute disgrace, but it also has very little to do with Ukrainians not going home.

2 Likes

And what about the Syrians ?

Are you just going to whatabout the whole time?

1 Like

Why are we offering one people the full works and leaving others off

I think we’ve taken quite a lot of people from Syria. That’s good.

The neighbouring states should be stepping up first.

4 Likes

Yup, much like Poland took in the most Ukrainians. But it shouldnt only be left to neighbouring states either. Egypt certainly should be helping more considering their proximity to Gaza.

Egypt should be taking all women and children

2 Likes

Egypt, Jordan and Saudi sure they are all arabs and theor people. Oh wait they never wanted to support Palestine. Paddy already does more for the free Palestine movement

1 Like

What in the fuck are you on about?

1 Like

Don’t bother chief. He got sour over his kids sharing a school with non locals.

2 Likes

As tubs so eloquently put it, the Ukrainians look just like us…

1 Like

There is a lot said about how disgusting the Israelis treat the Palestinians. Not much on other arab nations attitudes.

https://twitter.com/TimothyDSnyder/status/1719012245533774226

how are all tbe super duper tanks from the yanks and Europe getting on? I thought they were going to end this thing