Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 2) - Neocons Strike Back

You called it a couple of months ago :clap::clap::clap:

About time

In fairness post offices are back opening at the moment to bate the band. This is chilling news for them.

there must be nothing happening in the war if lads are virtue signalling about an Post for likes

1 Like

And the postmen back home are unvetted

2 Likes

There are very few Somalian postmen in Ukraine.

The World Cup has been a disaster for trying to keep this war in the news.

Yes, why bother with war when we can support murderous regimes on the football field

Give it a rest

You started it…

As per Giannis request, the war was paused for the World Cup

I posted a few months back that I was aware of offers of accommodation that had not been taken up. It’s a bit shocking that this initiative has taken so long. Initially offers of accommodation, houses or rooms, were being managed by the red cross. The red cross didn’t have capacity to do this task and shouldn’t have taken it on. The department should not have farmed it out to the red cross because it was a job for the state. The red cross said they contacted everyone, many people said they were never contacted. The department then shopped the job to local authorities, some took it up and contacted people and some didn’t. It’s taken them this long to launch an appeal to people and put in place a system to recompense people who offer places. I said before I reckoned there was a huge untapped supply there. Talk of potential 20k homes, if they got half that and could accommodate four people in each it’d be the problem nearly solved.

The North Circular Road set will not give up their boltholes in Kilkee.

Not a hope you’ll get half of those.

As discussed previously, most holiday homes are remote and too far away from schools and bus routes to make them suitable. But something may be better than nothing if the bollix is frozen off you over in Ukraine.

1 Like

Yeah hardly makes sense housing refugees in holiday homes 5 miles outside Letterfrack or Carrownisky

Below in West Cork and Kerry and nothing around but shit kickers and sheep… They’d be better off on the frontline.

You’d also imagine a lot of people won’t want to deny themselves and family the use of their holiday home.

It’s like everything when it comes to charity; some will and some won’t. But the point stands that there is no point housing them miles from services they need to access especially with the amount that wouldn’t have a car to use.

There must be an amount of empty over shop units in provincial towns around the country that would be far more suitable from a services point of view that could quickly be brought up to a livable standard if necessary.

We’re in an emergency with nowhere to put people. They’re stuck in hotels.

There’s been talk of trying to get over shop accommodation back into the housing market for years now and not a thing done about it. Eoin o Broin has some ideas about it, but if it’s not been unlocked for the housing crisis it’s not going to be unlocked in the short term for refugees.

A lad was telling me yesterday that there’s 140 Ukrainians staying in the derrynane hotel in Kerry. Mostly women with some kids. He says there’s lads from the area who work in other city’s who you wouldn’t see for months on end heading home again every weekend chancing their arm :laughing:

1 Like