Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 2) - Neocons Strike Back

Coming in with terms like ‘awkward squad’, ‘just asking questions’ is passive aggressive. I haven’t read every post on this thread but i doubt anyone has said they are in favour of the war or Putin. If no one is in favour of war or Putin then they shouldn’t have to face constant snide passive aggressive terms for having an opinion.
I’ve personally stated here that the war is between the US and Russia and both are using Ukraine. I’ve also favoured Ukraine pushing for peace as the loss of life is horrific… That’s far right nazi bot asking awkward questions apparently :person_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Guilt by association fallacy. The fact that some people who claim to be “just asking questions” also engage in abhorrant views on Twitter says nothing about the validity or invalidity of asking questions. It’s about as simplistic a notion as saying all immigrants are potential rapists because of the Romanian lad who sexually assaulted the woman in Cork recently. It’s obviously unreasonable to make that claim, but perfectly reasonable to ask the question why was a fucker who raped a 14 yeatr old in Romania free to enter Ireland without question, no monitorting, no entry on the sex offender registry, etc.

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Why do you keep referring to TFK like it’s all that’s relevant.
The people I referred to are mostly on twitter, I’ve said that twice already , I commented on some twitter articles that were posted up earlier,
I don’t think people on TFK use the ‘just asking questions’ so much

Well if it’s not far right Nazi bot it’s at least fairly stupid.

It’s all well and good asking Ukraine to push for peace but on what or whose terms? Why should the push for peace come from Ukraine? Should Russia be punished?

It’s disgusting what you lot are at. You’d think lessons would have been learned from covid threads. Ye tried to drive lads off the forum for having an alternative take and they were proven correct.

Badly termed on my part… The world should be pushing for peace but i don’t think the US wants it. Pay for the invasion or sny crimes uncovered or both?

Look, TFK is obviously very important to you, so it’s understandable that you assume it’s at the centre of everything, the forum is more important than the story

There had already been a peace agreement…one which the west had absolutely no intention of honouring. Maybe it could be revisited?

2 Likes

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since, wouldn’t you agree?

Wild assumptions there… You came onto this thread today to post a comment about the asking questions brigade on twitter but without mentioning twitter. Makes sense.

1 Like

Before and since. America and Britain have sabotaged two peace agreements since the invasion …they’ve been broadly along the lines of the first. I don’t think Ukraine are in a strong enough position militarily to bargain for anything better.

1 Like

What?

Better than what?

Any of the previous agreements

Give me some bullet points pls

Ceasefire, disarmament, amnesty, prisoner swaps, equal rights for ethnic russians, restoration of waterways, international monitoring, borders controlled by Ukraine, hapes of cash, political representation, some degree of autonomy etc

Expand on that please.

Was joining the EU still off the table?

A regional parliament

Like Northern Ireland?