Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 2) - Neocons Strike Back

You think it makes sense to appease him so?

If he plans on keeping this up for decades one of his own will get to him before any Ukrainian can

Fake news mate

I think thatā€™s all highly questionable. Russia is already pulling mothballed tanks from the 60s out of warehouses, that doesnā€™t suggest they have capacity to sustain this for years, and certainly not to advance. China has held off on sending weapons to Russia so far and unless they do I donā€™t know where Russia gets the weaponry. Putin has indicated he can keep throwing bodies at it but they will be poorly trained, poorly motivated and poorly equipped soldiers, will they be enough? Meanwhile Ukraine has more and more western arms and western trained troops. If the west continues to stand by Ukraine and china doesnā€™t arm Russia then the outlook favours Ukraine I think.

1 Like

Iā€™m just asking questions

1 Like

And how much more loss of life and destruction before then? I never said appease him. Just get to the table first and see what can be done

Going to the table now means the bully has won. That canā€™t and wonā€™t be let happen no matter how many lives it saves. Poor Mrs M. D is still licking her wounds for suggesting it months ago.

1 Like

How do you negotiate with him? How could you trust he would keep his word? What do you think the Ukrainians should be willing to sacrifice to apease him? What will you ask the Moldovans to sacrifce then? Or Estonians, etc etc

Seems fairly clear, if he wants peace he could just retreat. Ukraine hasnā€™t set foot in Russia and wouldnā€™t.

1 Like

Nobody outside of Putin / NATO want this to continue.

But, he marched into Ukraine. The land grab has taken place so itā€™s extremely unfair to think Ukraine should accept succession of territory.

Let him have Donetsk, heā€™ll stop then

The ā€œletā€™s negotiate with Hitlerā€ lads are hard at it this morning.

1 Like

Tell me you are being ironic? That is a neo-con hawkish propaganda organisation working to promote war. It reads like a fairytale, apart from anything else

Oh I have no interest in getting into a debate with you mate. You can keep believing whatever you want

1 Like

Putin has ruled out stopping until all his aims are achieved, a pause now favours Russia (they will use it to prepare to advance again), and Ukraine wants to drive Russia out, thatā€™s entirely their choice. With all due respect, calling for Ukraine to pursue peace in light of those three factors shows complete ignorance of the situation. Further, the war and consequently peace, is entirely Russiaā€™s choice, they can stop tomorrow. Calling for Ukraine to pursue peace, as opposed to Russia, shows complete ignorance.

Thatā€™s nice and mannerly. Thanks.
The ISW ffs. You may as well consult the rand corporation.

Putin has no interest in peace. Neither do the USā€¦ they are both war mongers.
Peace might save lives tho :person_shrugging:t2:

Russia cant win even if they win - long term, the best the world can do for stability is to actually bring Russia into the fold.
The real threat is that Putin is pushed more to the extreme and Russia becomes a proper rouge state.

I honestly canā€™t see this ending any time soon. Russia can wipe any Ukrainian city out with the push of a buttonā€¦ And Iā€™m not on about nuclear, they have a huge arsenal of sophisticated missiles that trumps anything the west has, missiles that can strike anywhere in the world. I think this was Putinā€™s threat last year rather than a nuclear one.
I think the plan now is to raise eastern Ukraine to the ground and just destroy the whole infrastructure and grind them out.

Youā€™d have to wonder if glas has any self-awareness at all

What do the Russians pay yis per hour to troll internet discussions, lads?

Could we give him Ukraine and maybe call it something smart like, Š¶ŠøŠ·Š½ŠµŠ½Š½Š¾Šµ ŠæрŠ¾ŃŃ‚Ń€Š°Š½ŃŃ‚Š²Š¾?

ā€¦or ā€˜Fuck Tippā€™?

This is the kind of gibberish the qanon conspiracy theorist lad goes on with.

What do you think will make Putin abandon his stated aims and bring peace?