Ryan Tubridy

Sorry mate, I meant to reply to this last night but I was on my way to bed.
I’ll reply to all your points.
I’ve been on the forum for years, there is no long game, if I was a fan of Tubs as a broadcaster I’d surely have said it long before he was in any bother, the truth is I don’t listen or see him nearly often enough, I’ve heard bits on the radio but it wouldn’t be my thing, I’m at work anyway. I never watch the LLS except for the Toy show. You can disbelieve all that but it’s the truth.

There was no ‘perceived slight’ it was a very obvious slight and it was framed as a joke so I responded with a laugh, a job on British radio after Chris Evans isn’t Limerick local radio after all :man_shrugging:

My admiration for him as a person came to light a few years ago, maybe second hand I suppose but it came directly from a family that benefitted greatly from his kindness, it was the kind of thing that you’d admire in a fella, as for him not knowing me from Adam, well that suits me fine :grinning:

Finally it doesn’t seem like Junior B to me, it seems to be a big job.

Anyway look, you’ll have to forgive me defending him, surely a forum needs a counter opinion anyway, don’t deny us that.

2 Likes

Christ

Explaining…

2 Likes

How in the name of God would you get through the day without explaining something :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Somebody? Shur you told us you’d a whole hape of mates in rte and they were all batting for him

1 Like

No, you made that up.

I have a very good pal who’s a presenter on RTÉ, my wife also has a good friend who’d be on the telly a bit but I don’t think I’ve ever said that, she also knows Ryan

You’re some spoofer.
Don’t fuck with Chuck.

1 Like

Yeah, I mentioned 2 people above :man_shrugging:

So he’s incredibly popular in rte, according to your mates there…a ringing endorsement but for the fact that your mates consist of one friend and a pal of your wife’s?
Would you ever go and boil your head

God this is weird,
People who work with him might know him eh,
Did you ever have a job? :grinning:

Well, all the rubby pundits and commentators in the world and we get Jamie Heaslip and your wan who has the voice and insight of a diesel lawnmower.

2 Likes

I saw Graham Norton get booed offstage in Galway about three months before he became the darling of the BBC. There’s a huge popularity in England for a bland but good humoured tame paddy.

I know, I know

2 Likes

They wouldn’t be able for tommy tiernan

It is a bit, claiming your mates in rte say ryan is lovely, then denying you made the claim, then standing over the claim while denying it.
Say hi to your mate/mates in rte for us…

1 Like

By god, you just never know on TFK

Not in the daytime slot, but Tommy is both talented and funny. Wogan was fairly risque at some stage.
Chris Evans is as good a radio host as there is imho.

It’s getting weirder,
I’ve no idea even what you’re on about now.
I deny nothing,
I have been told that Ryan was well got in RTÉ, I said that here before (uncovered by you)

Sometimes it seems like your seconds away from your head exploding, I don’t understand you :man_shrugging:

Chuckle

Jesus I’d love to explain but @Raylan doesn’t like it

Sure what harm…,.

I’ll try

I don’t have a ‘whole hape of mates’ I have 2 (I’ll include my wife’s pal because I’m friendly with her as well. [quote=“glenshane, post:357, topic:5831, full:true”]
So he’s incredibly popular in rte, according to your mates there…a ringing endorsement but for the fact that your mates consist of one friend and a pal of your wife’s?
Would you ever go and boil your head
[/quote]

I said he was well liked in RTÉ, the ‘incredibly popular’ quote that you mined was cut to remove the beginning of the sentence.

I’m baffled by this :grinning:

My 9 year old just declared she’s not watching the Toy Show next week over “what they did to Ryan Tubridy”.

:hushed:

7 Likes