Ryan Tubridy

Is he presenting that show permanently now or is it still a temporary gig?

I don’t think he’s beenade permanent.

It’s a stupid time slot tbh.

An hour is ridiculous

1 Like

100% and sending a message to the rest of the “talent”

Do Miriam next

I’d say Joe Duffy has a fair dose of the shits today.

Joe has to go
Joe has to go
Joe has to go

If Joe goes, I’ll pay the license and one others on here for good measure.

I only scanned one of the reports earlier and I think there was a drop in her figures but there was a caveat that there were some other shows in that time that might have skewed the figures. I never saw that before but it definitely seemed to be a way of saying ‘not my fault guv…so don’t think about cutting my pay’

https://www.buzz.ie/culture/ryan-tubridy-new-job-virgin-31409771

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/ryan-tubridy-claire-kambamettu-make-31411578

Gonna be quite the coup for Virgin Radio. Great to see he’s found love again too. Irelands loss will be Londons gain.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2023/1116/1416792-ryan-tubridy/

Former RTÉ presenter Ryan Tubridy has announced a move to Virgin Radio UK in London.

He will helm the mid-morning show on Virgin Radio from 10am to 1pm Monday to Friday from early January.

As part of the deal, Mr Tubridy will also be broadcasting live from London simultaneously on Dublin’s Q102.

On weekends, he will present a dedicated Irish weekend show across Wireless Ireland stations on Dublin’s Q102, Cork’s 96FM, Live 95 in Limerick and LMFM.

Wireless Ireland and Virgin Radio UK are part of the News UK stable, which is owned by News Corp.

Other Virgin Radio broadcasters with shows alongside Mr Tubridy’s include Chris Evans, Graham Norton and Leigh Francis.

The former Late Late Show host has been sharing trips to London on his Instagram account in recent months.

In a statement, he said: "I couldn’t be more excited to start this new chapter with Virgin Radio.

“New city, new station, new beginnings. I love radio and what a joy to be following the legendary Chris Evans every morning. It’s been a pleasure getting to know my new friends at Virgin Radio, all of whom have been warm, engaging and very entertaining.”

Mr Tubridy left RTÉ earlier this year after controversy surrounding undisclosed payments to the broadcaster.

He’ll be on the Graham Norton show any night now. Great that we get to hear him in Ireland here as well.

Great news.

Now, take Joe Duffy out and shoot him. Then Des.

In fairness he’s always said he loves london, and london people

A diddy station apparently

Some fall from grace for the tubridy. Lads on here thought he was getting a gig in the bbc :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Who?

He’ll be spinning the hits from the 80s and 90s and engaging in a bit of friendly chat.

I actually ended up sitting behind Mr. Tubridy on a flight to London a few weeks ago (meant to log it in the Celeb Spotting thread at the time but life got in the way).

Anyway, lads on here will be driven demented to note that one of the air hostesses went up to him and bowed down at his feet saying. ‘we miss you’. Tubridy responded with a standard ‘you’re so kind’ response.

I was a row behind and had to let him out at the end, so just said in my roasterish manner, ‘you’re keeping busy you are’, to which he replied, ‘of course, have a great day sir’. I nodded and we both went about our business.

He was carrying a nice brown leather brief case of some sort so may well have been off to an interview at the time.

16 Likes

Other notes that i took at the time and just recalled were that he bought a Mars Bar and a Tea or Coffee from the trolley and he was also reading a book during the flight.

I thought there was something very endearing about the purchase of the Mars Bar.

They say everyone should live in london for a while but leave before they become a complete wanker…i don’t know where this leaves tubridy

9 Likes

Goes down a treat in the UK. He should do really well.

That’ll give a few lads here conniptions.