Ryan Tubridy

Its rte. Everyone is shite, and if anyone interesting or talented comes along then joanne and claire will fly into a blind rage

2 Likes

Youd wonder has his wonder-agent sold this along the lines of ‘pre-sky, there was 2 channels in Ireland. Once sky hit properly, adoption was huge. You’re currently ignoring a market nearly the size of Wales and Scotland combined and I know just the pencilled necked man to secure it for ye’’

Cos I can’t for the life of me think of any other angle on how to sell the cunt in a foreign market

4 Likes

He’s on the radio mate.

What’s your point?

Mr English radio network, here’s how an English TV station garnered huge revenue from Irish market. Here’s how I think we can achieve a new revenue stream with radio as the medium- making Ryan central"

• indirect quote, Tubridy’s agent

Sorry, should have spelled it out more explicitly it seems.

Now, as Ryan’s chief panty sniffer, explain why you think their marketing strategy centres around anything else?

Maybe he’s a good broadcaster, I dunno :man_shrugging:
Just because I don’t subscribe to the TFK line doesn’t make me a sniffer of anything, :man_shrugging:
I genuinely have no interest in his career, I know for a fact that he’s a very kind man, I don’t think I’ve ever said more than that, I’m not a fan of his television or radio shows

Oh and for most of Ireland there was 6 channels before sky

You are constantly coming to his defence. You appear to take any slight towards the guy as a personal slight.

You’re extremely facetious when you say ‘you’ve no interest in his career’ when you’ve repeatedly commented; suggesting otherwise.

Dunno what kick you get either lying to the forum or lying to yourself.

1 Like

Sorry pal, I misunderstood,
Your initial post was about television ratings etc, I wasn’t sure what you had heard about the contract.

My profile isn’t hidden, I think you’d do well to find any posts of mine praising Ryan Tubridy as a broadcaster, I wouldn’t have the knowledge.

I do know from something I heard and from somebody I know well in RTÉ that he’s got a good heart and is apparently a lovely fella so I may attempt to contradict the usual message here.
Anyway, what harm if I defend anybody, :man_shrugging:

No, you’ve not been explicit or forthright enough to praise him outright though I suspect you’d like to. Instead, you snipe at criticisms of him. Only today, after the news broke off his new appt, your were straight in to counter any perceived slight:

And then this:

So hearsay is why you feel the need to repeatedly come to the defence of a man who’d not know you from Adam and caught rorting the public? You heard second hand he did something decent, sin è.

I’ve no real axe to grind against the guy. I’ve been in his family home, met his mother, impressive woman. Impressive grandmother etc. But he was caught rotten and he’s been sent back to junior B but some still hold him in esteem he doesn’t deserve.

Sorry mate, I meant to reply to this last night but I was on my way to bed.
I’ll reply to all your points.
I’ve been on the forum for years, there is no long game, if I was a fan of Tubs as a broadcaster I’d surely have said it long before he was in any bother, the truth is I don’t listen or see him nearly often enough, I’ve heard bits on the radio but it wouldn’t be my thing, I’m at work anyway. I never watch the LLS except for the Toy show. You can disbelieve all that but it’s the truth.

There was no ‘perceived slight’ it was a very obvious slight and it was framed as a joke so I responded with a laugh, a job on British radio after Chris Evans isn’t Limerick local radio after all :man_shrugging:

My admiration for him as a person came to light a few years ago, maybe second hand I suppose but it came directly from a family that benefitted greatly from his kindness, it was the kind of thing that you’d admire in a fella, as for him not knowing me from Adam, well that suits me fine :grinning:

Finally it doesn’t seem like Junior B to me, it seems to be a big job.

Anyway look, you’ll have to forgive me defending him, surely a forum needs a counter opinion anyway, don’t deny us that.

2 Likes

Christ

Explaining…

2 Likes

How in the name of God would you get through the day without explaining something :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Somebody? Shur you told us you’d a whole hape of mates in rte and they were all batting for him

1 Like

No, you made that up.

I have a very good pal who’s a presenter on RTÉ, my wife also has a good friend who’d be on the telly a bit but I don’t think I’ve ever said that, she also knows Ryan

You’re some spoofer.
Don’t fuck with Chuck.

1 Like

Yeah, I mentioned 2 people above :man_shrugging:

So he’s incredibly popular in rte, according to your mates there…a ringing endorsement but for the fact that your mates consist of one friend and a pal of your wife’s?
Would you ever go and boil your head

God this is weird,
People who work with him might know him eh,
Did you ever have a job? :grinning:

Well, all the rubby pundits and commentators in the world and we get Jamie Heaslip and your wan who has the voice and insight of a diesel lawnmower.

2 Likes

I saw Graham Norton get booed offstage in Galway about three months before he became the darling of the BBC. There’s a huge popularity in England for a bland but good humoured tame paddy.