Ryan Tubridy

It’s the nepotism and general lack of talent that is the issue for me. That said he is better than Ray Darcy and nepotism wasn’t an issue there.

What’s wrong with a bit of nepotism?

The world would be nowhere without it.

None of that is his fault

I’m only listing out a possible set of reasons why he isn’t liked. They are valid.

He isn’t a great interviewer, in my opinion. He finds it very hard to build a rapport with his guests.

He’s a shoot the breeze interviewer. He thrives in situations with the likes of a Z list celebrity or a chum of his, tapping the table and what not, and in things like the Toy Show where he can prance about. But there’s no talent there whatsoever as an interviewer or broadcaster. He can’t handle any serious interview and more often than not butchers the interview. His own personal biases also frequently come through during his interviews. He is absolutely terrible, just terrible, at interviews with sports people, cringeworthy stuff.

1 Like

He’s a really terrible interviewer.
He does his research, prepares his questions and then desperately needs to shoe horn in the those questions/observations regardless of the direction the interview is heading.

1 Like

Tubridy is absolutely outstanding on the Toy Show. He’s grand besides. The Late Late format negates against anyone making a decent fist of it given how broad and bizarre a concept it is.

I don’t even know, I never watch the late late, I hear him on the radio sometimes and think he’s ok, particularly on books and other culture items, but he struck me as a nice fella even before what I heard today which has shot him up a thousand percent in my estimations.

The criticism he gets here seems quite personal a lot of the time rather than pointing out that he’s not great at his job,
I’d love to relay the story I heard but he asked for it not to be made public, the local newspapers would have been all over it

1 Like

The Late Late is a ridiculous format. One minute you’re talking to some influencer trying to flog a book and after the break you’re talking to parents who lost their child in a car accident. Impossible job

1 Like

The fact that he doesnt make a complete bollocks of it on a weekly basis is a credit to him.

Okay mate, we get it. We wont ask you for a PM.

1 Like

I’d go as far as to say, Tubridy has a lovely way about him.

Brendan o Connor is getting the axe from rte.

Nepotism

You should have said nothing about it. Every hack in Ireland lurks on tfk.

He announced on his radio show this morning that there will be vaccine in the next 12 months or so. Surely this is a sackable offence? What gives him the right to proclaim this to his half million listeners?

It’s an utter outrage if he isn’t called up on it.

1 Like

And to the demographic that only listen to rte and take it as gospel.

Tubridy 21/10/20. “Pelé, he played a big part in the World Cups of my youth”.
Tubridy born 1973.
Pelé played in last World Cup 1970

10 Likes

A bit like Tony Blair reminiscing about standing on the terraces at St James’s Park watching Jackie Milburn .

Tubridy taking abuse on the streets now apparently. Claimed a couple of men in their 20’s launched vicious verbal attacks on him and called him a variety of things including a faggot and a virus. One of them was a gym goer who he was fearful of but he said on the radio there that he caught the other fella on video.