Salford City FC

Are those joint managers still in a job?

Is this a Netflix or You Tube or AN Other show?

It was on Network 2 the past few weeks

It was only two episodes yeah? I thought it was excellent. Would love to see an 8 part series about it a la the Sunderland doc. The two Neville’s and scholesy come across as alright sorts.

I found it unreal the part where Phil Neville discovered a young defender who’d been released from Man City a year before and he was in training with Salford but the joint managers only had him down as third choice right back. Neville was gently cajoling them into giving him a chance that there was something in him but the two lads didn’t fancy him. Instead Neville rang Man Utd who brought him into training for a look and then offered him an 18 month contract. But Salford in the seventh tier only deemed him third choice right back :joy:

I see there’s a guy from Singapore a billionaire called Peter Lim who currently owns 40% of the club, with the ex Utd players owning 60% between them. I wonder when he came on board.

Had a majority stake in Valencia when they took on Gary as manager, not sure if he’s still involved there

No, the new lad is no better though. Grumpy oul fucker who dresses like pep.

He came on fairly early on. Hes a class of 96 underpant sniffer. He just sold 10% to beckham.
Its only a tenner for adults and a fiver for kids. Its actually a grand day out. Its more like a gaa atmosphere. I let the kids off on their own today buy sweets. Id never do that at an epl game.

Class of 96? I didn’t know he was pally with LarryO, Storey, Liam Dunne, Big Ger Cushe, Georgie and Tom Dempsey.

4 Likes

Its disgusting tbh, a play thing for rich men at the expense of genuine grass root clubs and fans .
They also completely erased the identity of the club, I believe the community aren’t happy with them either
I understand that beckham and all are doing this for shits and giggles but why would anybody support them

Despite their vast wealth and spend compared to the other teams in the league they are doing pretty poorly too.

1 Like

That young lad who went to United. Who is he playing with now?

Theyre doing ok. Its a hard league to get out of. The 800 odd that used to go are likely moping around that they have to queue for a cup of tea, but at a tenner and a fiver, in a nice ground with good seating, and a season ticket at a hundred and something quid, they are hardly pricing out the locals. Its double that price at most conference clubs. My pal who has been going for three years says that even last year when they got promoted they were very hard to watch , but they are much better now, play a decent brand of football.
How much is it in to see shamrocks these days in the stand?

:joy: :joy:

The joint managers they brought in from ramsbottom united had them playing trappatonis Ireland era style football apparently, terrible to watch but very effective

Most young lads who come through academies would be doing fairly well to be still playing professional football at all a few years later. No guarantee he was better than what Salford had

He did nothing after so I’m not sure who was right in this instance. United released him and chesterfield took him. He played twice for them and they released him. Went to some Libyan club and they released him etc

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/residents-team-up-oppose-uniteds-12301579

odd you wernt aware of this

€15

That is a different issue entirely ,as you are well aware, that is stadium development rather than the team itself.
Youll be delighted to know that gaa politics in Manchester scuppered nevilles original plan to develop turn moss.
Shamrock rovers then is substantially more expensive for the average fan to attend than salford city.

SRFC should be more expensive

Keep the plebs out?