Salford City FC

Into the football league. Surprised @flattythehurdler hasn’t posted about it

:open_mouth:

https://twitter.com/gnev2/status/1127259116269899776?s=21

What a fairytale for this small, neighborhood club.

Ryan Giiggs is the embodiment of good family and community values .

2 Likes

And Nicky Butt…

2 Likes

In fairness, whilst I want to dislike them all, they’ve kept the gate prices to a tenner for adults and a fiver for kids. That’s about half what you’d pay at an away game by and large. Their big problem is their next ground imho.

You’re still lining Giggsy’s pocket.

I’m not mate.

Morning pal

Morning my oul epal. Headed out on the bike soon. EOR is coming along, so should be steady. It looks nice out :+1:

About to go myself. A friendly fifty before the rain.

Set fair here. Sun out*. :+1:

*for the first time in two weeks

Great to see a club with 30k plus of losses a week dominating the sixth tier

10 Likes

A real underdog story

1 Like

No need to add to it mate. We got it with the first post

3 Likes

Are they building a new ground or what?

The upgraded their existing ground over the last couple of seasons. Grand for what they need now

Their planned crowd projections will outgrow the current stadium. It only holds about 5k at a guess. There’s little room to enlarge it, and there’s no way they’ll spend enough to build a new stadium, and there’s not really many places to build. Their new training ground plans bizarrely fell afoul of Manchester gaelic football politics and had to be scrapped, so they still train on AstroTurf cages in the back of a council estate in partington.
The rumor is that they are looking at sale sharks ground as a ground share, but you can only really get there by car, and it’s geographically isolated and disastrous because of it. Sale sharks only moved there because the Stockport County ground was deemed insufficient for some strange reason, when in fact it was perfect in many ways, and because they basically got it for free or near enough. It has no public transport, is a nightmare to get in and out of, and is stuck outside the m60, miles from the core support of anyone, tucked in behind the sewage plant for most of Manchester.

1 Like

Passed Sale Sharks ground at one stage from either a train or the motorway a few years back. Thought at the time it was a bit isolated.

5k will do them for their first couple of seasons you’d think.