Scottish Independence:

The damage has already been done for @glasagusban . He needs a rebrand.

Where the fuck were you draft night??

:oops:

I’ll stick to posting as @Batt the Ladd for a while.

I’ll stick to posting as @Batt the Ladd for a while.[/QUOTE]

You could change it to Pat The Lad

Fuck off back to PJ, Kip Killigan, PUM etc I’m off to fire it into Mrs. Batt before the county board get at her.

Latest polls showing the YES side with the majority:clap:

Two quick points on this,
1 Salmond will go down as one of the greatest political operators of our times if he pulls this off
2 Cameron is fucked. I predict he will offer a referendum to whatevers left of the UK to leave Europe in a desperate attempt to save face

it 51 favour to 49 in polls heard tonite, f all in it. def b keepin close eye on this, hon jocks bow to no 1

Even if they vote yes, the Queen will still remain their head of state… http://www.yesscotland.net/answers/would-queen-still-be-head-state-independent-scotland

What are bunch of forelock tugging servile cunts.

One poll showed yes side ahead by 2 points. Another showed no with a 4 point lead. Yes sides figures are inflated a bit. Many Labour supporters are clearly favouring Yes but I think numbers will dwindle. Big announcements this week that will basically create federal state with sweeping powers for Scotland while remaining within the UK. This will persuade a small but significant percentage of yes voters to vote no as impact of Tory British government will be lessened.
Daily Record led yesterday with story of former Scottish footballers supporting Better Together Side. Avalanche of stuff like that might seem silly but I think it’s significant. Murdoch meanwhile ingratiating himself to Farage and Salmond.

SCOTTISH footballers have declared their support for a No vote in the independence referendum.

Sixteen players from all eras of the game have signed up to a joint statement calling on “every patriotic Scot to help maintain Scotland’s place in the United Kingdom which has served Scotland so well”.

The squad, which includes Lisbon lion Bertie Auld alongside former Rangers players Barry Ferguson and Ally McCoist, is “managed” by former Old Firm managers Walter Smith (Rangers) and Billy McNeill (Celtic).

• Get the latest referendum news, opinion and analysis from across Scotland and beyond on our new Scottish Independence website

Scottish Labour’s deputy leader Anas Sarwar said: “These men have played for the national team, have led Scotland and are now saying what they believe is best for Scotland.

“This shows that there is no shortage of passion and patriotism from those that are voting No.”

The full line-up includes Alex McLeish, Jim Leighton, David Moyes, Alan Hansen, Willie Miller, Paddy Crerand, Davie Provan, Barry Ferguson, Bertie Auld, Denis Law, Ally McCoist, Derek Johnstone, Murdo MacLeod, Ian Durrant, John Brown and Frank McAvennie.

Statement

The players’ statement says: “We are proud Scots who have been proud to represent our country around the world. When Scotland calls, we answer.

“We are proud that Scotland has always stood on its own two feet but we also believe that Scotland stands taller because we are part of the United Kingdom.

“We urge every patriotic Scot to help maintain Scotland’s place in the United Kingdom which has served Scotland so well.”

The statement has been released as Scotland prepares to open its Euro 2016 qualifying campaign against world champions Germany on Sunday.

Speaking at an event to launch the statement in Glasgow, football commentator and Better Together supporter [B]Archie Macpherson called on the No side[/B] to inject more heart into its arguments during the final days of campaigning.

He said: “It has been a logical and rational presentation of facts on the currency, North Sea oil, pensions and so on, which are absolutely vital, but it has got to be backed up with conviction and passion.

“So it is not just reasoned arguments - you have got to reach out and communicate with people.”

Mr Macpherson, who recently spoke out for the union at a rally in Dundee, added: “All these figures played with passion - people on the terracing responded with passion, passion was at the core of football in Scotland, and it was only passion that kept us going against bigotry.

“And they are backing the last home stretch passionately and the people on the terracing will recognise that, and I am sure they will go with them.”

Mr Sarwar, who also attended the Soccer World event, said the support of the players was a recognition of the fact that the referendum “is not a vote on whether Scotland is a nation or not”.

“Scotland is a nation, it is a proud nation, as these players demonstrate,” he said.

“Those who are voting No in this referendum aren’t doing it from a position of thinking less about their country, they are doing it from a position of patriotism, passion and love for their country.”

Fucking hell, the no side must really be panicking dredging that barrel. Cunts. They will be rolling out rio and Joey Barton next. Cowards the whole lot of them. Absolute moral cowardice.

I would definitely keep this queen as head of any state. She is the outstanding head of state in the world today. Would you not prefer her to any one of the creatures who contested our farce of a presidential election? Charles would be a different matter, but the head of state thing can be changed at leisure if need be. One less paid politician can only be a good thing, and the commonwealth games are great if there is nothing else on b

Unsurprising to see so many of the british hoops falling in line with the union

How badly wrong has ray crotty called this? He called me up quite flustered yesterday saying to get all over the yes vote to be under 47% and that today’s poll would show their support collapsing. For a man who lists on his cv ‘deep connection and understanding of the affairs of the ulster scot’ this must be highly embarrassing.
The real issue facing Scotland is it obesity / diet / health epidemic. Can’t blame London for stuffing their fat Scottish faces with lard all day long. Heart attacks all round for the cunts and good enough for them. Paratroop loving fuckers.

:smiley:

hon Milliband

Jaysus, you’d feel awful nostalgic for what 2 lbs of semtex can do when you see a list like that.

[QUOTE=“croppy, post: 1012786, member: 230”]How badly wrong has ray crotty called this? He called me up quite flustered yesterday saying to get all over the yes vote to be under 47% and that today’s poll would show their support collapsing. For a man who lists on his cv ‘deep connection and understanding of the affairs of the ulster scot’ this must be highly embarrassing.
The real issue facing Scotland is it obesity / diet / health epidemic. Can’t blame London for stuffing their fat Scottish faces with lard all day long. Heart attacks all round for the cunts and good enough for them. Paratroop loving fuckers.[/QUOTE]
I said yes vote will be under 47.5% and it will be.

Fuck sake.
I’m going to pretend to myself that you are just having a bit of a laugh here.
Flatty a forelock tugging Royalist? who would have thunk it?

[QUOTE=“Distended Red Anus, post: 1013103, member: 2648”]Fuck sake.
I’m going to pretend to myself that you are just having a bit of a laugh here.
Flatty a forelock tugging Royalist? who would have thunk it?[/QUOTE]
I actually couldn’t really give a shite, but my hatred of multi pensioned leeches like our lot outweighs my ambivalence towards The queen. Was overstating things for devilment but by and large, she leaves me alone, and I leave her alone, and we can both live with it.
I am nor forelock tugger. If the scots don’t vote for independence, they are a craven nation and can stick their braveheart bollix up their holes.
I have no great interest in politics, my only belief being live and let live, so the less interference from whichever political party/system happens to exist, the better.
The Queen seems on a personal level, a good leader. I have no leanings toward anything bar a meritocracy, but the Irish system of hereditary Dáil Éireann seats is as far from meritocratic as the windsors, and to be honest, a non elected second house provides at least a slight buffer against buffoons and psychopaths like Blair.

Also, I apologise. I am fucked with drink. Fucked utterly. I’m not sure what I think. I’m tired and emotional. The fucking cowardice of the no voters makes me despair.