Scottish Independence:

I see Kensington Palace have announced today that the Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant again. This crowd will stop at nothing to secure a no vote.

The no’s flapping all over the shop now.

Will they have the balls when it comes down to it on the day though.

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1013494, member: 332”]The no’s flapping all over the shop now.

Will they have the balls when it comes down to it on the day though.[/QUOTE]
no. Just like the Irish they’ll reject independence and accept a cowardly compromise that alienates and divides.

@Raymond Crotty , you’re burying your head in the sand here. The Yes movement is sweeping to victory before your very eyes.

They’ve ran a superb campaign concentrating on the positive aspects of Scottish society and culture.

You’ve been totally wrong in this thread so far and have badly misjudged the opinions of the Scottish electorate.

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1013232, member: 1170”]I actually couldn’t really give a shite, but my hatred of multi pensioned leeches like our lot outweighs my ambivalence towards The queen. Was overstating things for devilment but by and large, she leaves me alone, and I leave her alone, and we can both live with it.
I am nor forelock tugger. If the scots don’t vote for independence, they are a craven nation and can stick their braveheart bollix up their holes.
I have no great interest in politics, my only belief being live and let live, so the less interference from whichever political party/system happens to exist, the better.
The Queen seems on a personal level, a good leader. I have no leanings toward anything bar a meritocracy, but the Irish system of hereditary Dáil Éireann seats is as far from meritocratic as the windsors, and to be honest, a non elected second house provides at least a slight buffer against buffoons and psychopaths like Blair.[/QUOTE]
You do know what the head of state is/does? And the difference between the president and members of the DĂĄil? Michael D is an excellent President.

Ffs they’ve now come out and said if it’s a boy he’ll be called Prince Jock.

The ‘no’ side are shitting themselves. It would be hilarious to see the entire British political establishment back a policy and see the electorate go in the opposite direction.

The Earl of Inverness will be his title, most probably.

[QUOTE=“Sandymount Red, post: 1013519, member: 1074”]@Raymond Crotty , you’re burying your head in the sand here. The Yes movement is sweeping to victory before your very eyes.

They’ve ran a superb campaign concentrating on the positive aspects of Scottish society and culture.

You’ve been totally wrong in this thread so far and have badly misjudged the opinions of the Scottish electorate.[/QUOTE]
What have I been wrong about? I think Indy campaign has been way better than better together. Better Together have been a shambles and are panicking. Whole tone of their campaign has been so negative and patronising. Indy has appealed to left leaning Scottish electorate. Very fact it is tight is credit to them. Come 19/9 gap will be over six points though.

you’re a horrible, divisive, poisonous , sectarian, partitionist cunt of a man

i would actually agree with this post

Hon Scotland!!!

Hope they vote for their independence. Watching this with great interest.

You’re probably right.

The election was a bit of a farce, with mcguinness and then the other lad hamstrung by the media. I do indeed know the difference between the various bodies. I suppose what vexed me is that we are paying a president who has had his snout in the political trough for many moons, multiple pay increments. He should receive one pay check only. My ire at the teaching, TD and ministerial multiple payments spilled over into this. As any future head of state in Scotland will be largely ceremonial, I would go for the cheapest bland option available. You are absolutely right about the monarchy, and the iniquity of a hereditary system, but many of our seats of power have a hereditary scent to them, and this is equally iniquitous. Disregard any blather from the weekend. I wasnt myself.

Ok. But Michael D is a treasure.

as a matter of interest what makes you think I’m sectarian and partitionist?

your divisive nasty postings that are laden with sectarian and partitionist undertones,
you’re a condescending fifth columnist in the Gay Byrne mould

The Orange Order are going to weigh in on this yet. And UKIP. Thereby ensuring the yes side is going to gather more momentum.

what way are the celtic football club directing their members and supporters to vote?

An interesting one for UKIP. Would demonstrate that they are either consistently opposed to centralised government power, or that they are just rabid British nationalists. It’s almost certainly the latter.

Would be funny to see the email back and forth between the Ulster Unionists and the ‘No’ campaign organisers, as the campaigners keep having to find more and more creative ways to decline the unionists’ offers to help.