September 11 memories

Opportunistic more like

I was working in a place with no tvs, the radio made it sound like the east coast was being invaded.

Later that night in the alley night club a good few drunken lads went around the dance floor arms out like aeroplanes as the DJ played, start spreading the news, Iā€™m leaving todayā€¦

A lad from ardrahan who was living in NY was in Boston for the week but rang his family pretending to be under the rubble.

Crazy times.

9 Likes

Wtf
:grinning:

2 Likes

Left them about an hour before ringing back laughing with the truth

I was in first year in secondary school, just after starting. Principal came around and interupted every class (woodwork in my case) to tell us that the planes had struck.

Once I got home, my neighbour was out as I got off the bus and told me that both towers had fallen. I was probably too young to grasp the enormity of what happened but I still watched the news non-stop till about 2am.

Itā€™s probably the most life-changing world event Iā€™ve ever experinced until some Chinese lad felt the need to buy a live bat at a market a few months ago

5 Likes

I remember an ā€œexpertā€ saying, at one point shortly after second plane hit, the towers were badly damaged and may have to be demolished. There was no sense of what was about to happen.

This was roughly my experience of the event as well.

I didnā€™t speak to @Batigolā€™s neighbour as I live somewhere else and having just made friends with him I didnā€™t want to come across as too needy by following him off the bus.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

cringe

There was news reports flying in of other planes in the sky hijacked and a mall shooting in DC by Muslims. It was a crazy day. I was watching neighbors on bbc one and it was rudely interrupted but just in time to see second plane so I didnā€™t mind waiting to see if Dr Karl was gonna shag his secretary Susan

The great political scientist Dave Chappelle is the foremost authority on this subject.

Required viewing

https://youtu.be/9DLuALBnolM

:joy::joy: The glass slipperā€¦ What a kipā€¦ What was the place that sold late beer in Chinatown, Moon villa?

1 Like

Sure lookit when you think the world is going to endā€¦

1 Like

Yep

Jet Fuel doesnā€™t burn hot enough to melt steel. Wake up sheeple

Jesus Iā€™m 5/6 years older than you, always assumed it was vice versa.

That is a tremendous story

1 Like

Typical of @Tierneevin1979ā€™s crowd

1 Like

Self deprecating humor is our specialty.