September 11 memories

I remember a plane flying into a building.

1 Like

I had my first experience of swimming in school on the Tuesday of 9/11. My father was glued to the television when I came home.

I became friends with @PhattPike on Sept 11, 2001

3 Likes

As icebreakers go it was a doozie.

Pal Qaeda

12 Likes

Didnā€™t @fenwaypark spend 9/11 in a strip club in Boston with his brother? I always enjoyed that story.

4 Likes

I saw it live on Sky News waiting for my dinner after coming home from school.

We used get off at 1.30 up to 1st Class.

3 Likes

Thought you a lot older

Pity no one ever told that that New Jersey hijacker not to throw dollar bills. Might have stopped him being radicalised.

I remember having to help a locked down neighbour herd in his mad mountainy sucklers for a re test on the day of mourning that we got off school. He gave us a Mars bar for our troubles the mane cunt

2 Likes

Just a building collapsing in solidarity with the twin towers

Taking a knee, in its own imitable fashion.

1 Like

About the same number of people who died in 9/11, died in an increased number of road accidents (due to peoples fear of flying in the year after) which caused an increase in long distance car trips

1 Like

Check out this high res pictureā€¦ Zoom in to the top and right :disappointed:

Thatā€™s the Cantor Fitzgerald employees I think, every one of them perished.

I remember working on a building site at the time of the attacks.
Was passing a digger driver,who was listening to the radio in his cab and called me over and announced,dead seriousā€¦

ā€œHey lad-a fooking plane has just crashed into the Empire state buildingā€

ā€œSeriously?ā€ Says I

ā€œYeah just heard it there nowā€

ā€œFuckā€

Went home that evening and herself was glued to Sky News and she turned around with a look of utter disbelief on her face after watching what was after happening.Ill never forget it.
I suppose it would be fair to call it my generations JFK moment.
I wonder what the Gen Z one will be?

1 Like

ā€œHey lad, thereā€™s a guy in China after getting a coldā€

3 Likes

I was living and working in Dublin at the time but had to drive home to Limerick on business in the early afternoon. I remember the sketchy nature of the early breaking news on RTE Radio 1, when it was initially assumed that the first strike was some kind of terrible accident. I think SeĆ”n Oā€™Rourke was the presenter, but I could be wrong on that.

More info flowed as the day wore on. I spent most of it in the car as I drove back to Dublin later that evening. Mrs. Kremmen, 30 years old at the time so therefore entering the batshit phase, thought the end of the world was nigh.

1 Like

BravošŸ‘Œ