Shaving Thread

Any tips on growing and grooming a beard. I’ve accumulated some growth over the past week or two and am now in a position to possibly fashion a tidy beard or a neat stubble effect but I don’t know how you trim a beard. Is there an inbetween setting between shaving everything off and letting everything grow wild. Also does one normally shave a neck if one is retaining a beard?

You need to sculpt, Rocko. And go buy yourself a beard trimmer. I’d be concerned you might appear overly dusky and swarthy with a beard however, are you sure this is a good idea?

Regardless of how it looks, if you are serious about this you need to grow it out for a period of at least five weeks, without touching it. It will get really itchy around the 2-3 week mark and you will look like a bum but this passes. After 5-6 weeks you can trim/shape it however you like. It would be advisable to shave the edges around the bottom of the neck, a good barber would be able to shape a neckline for you, but again you need to leave even this task for 5-6 weeks.

Slightly related as I was buying shaving foam but I fucking hate Boots 3 for 2 offer.
I alway end up spending more than if I had just bought what I went in for and left. :mad:

Thats women carry on Runt. Get in. Get out. None of this “offer” shite.

What else did you get in the offer?

I’m currently on the lookout for a new razor. I use the Gillette orange one but new blades cost a fortune. I don’t/can’t use disposables as I’d only cut the face off myself. Might go back to ordinary mac 3’s.

Get a mac 3, got one a few weeks ago and think it is excellent. Granted i have only used it twice, i had been using disposable bic razors all of my shaving life up to this…

Shower Gel and Deoderant.

Shaws were doing a great deal on the Gillette fusion. A razor and enough blades to do you for at least a year for 42€. [quote=“TwoRunnyEggs, post: 361983”]

What else did you get in the offer?

I’m currently on the lookout for a new razor. I use the Gillette orange one but new blades cost a fortune. I don’t/can’t use disposables as I’d only cut the face off myself. Might go back to ordinary mac 3’s.
[/quote]

:clap: :clap:

Bought these last week.

The fusion is a far superior razor than the mach3 also.

EDIT:Not the battery powered piece of crap.

I find the aforementioned battery powered piece of crap to be magnificent and the best shave I’ve ever had.

Gillette have actuaully admitted ,somewhere, that the battery does abosolutely nothing and is only a gimmick. It came out in some courtcase where wilkinson took on Gillette.

Correct about the fusion. And the blades last forever unlike the Mach3 which wears out in a week. [quote=“Rintintin, post: 361987”]
:clap: :clap:
Bought these last week.
The fusion is a far superior razor than the mach3 also.
EDIT:Not the battery powered piece of crap.
[/quote]

I had the old green battery one and couldn’t use it at all. Far too ticklish for it! Felt weird on the face. That rules out all electric shaving devices.
I’d agree the fusion is different class to the mac 3 as well but the price difference is substantial, although I usually knock 2 months out of a blade.

I find it a pleasant addition to my shave. I had used the Mach3 prior to this and found this a significant step up. The blades are wonderful also and you can get away with reusing them for an unbelievable length of time.

It’s a concern alright Thrawneen. I’m not wedded to the idea - just considering it but talk of a beard trimmer and a 5-6 week wait is putting me off.

Rocko, you can borrow my beard trimmer if you like. I only use it when shaving my balls. I use the Gillette Fusion for my face.

I have the battery powered fusion but I have used it without the battery for the last 6 months after it ran out. I am quite pleased with it,

Had to remove a really long in grown hair today. Any suggestions on how to avoid these as they are becoming an all too common occurence? I will continue to shave against the grain as I like to get the smooth feeling on my cheeks every morning.

Use a badger brush