Shaving Thread

No, who would do that?

Some serious oddballs out there

I am a sporting a beard since Christmas. Just shave it to line with the apple every now and then.

They say when you’re growing a beard you should let it grow out fully for at least 5/6 weeks before trimming it or tidying it up a bit. Supposedly this is the crucial bit that alot of lads don’t realise, and that they’d be arsing with it 3/4 weeks in and ruin it. Is there any truth in this?

That’s what I did and it’s now in fine fettle.

I dunno man, it depends on the person.

Some lads [especially those with black hair] look like they have a full beard after a week.
Other lads just can’t grow a decent beard even if they haven’t shaved in a month.

I have gone a couple of months without shaving. That has been about my limit.
I grow a semi-good beard but it could always be better.

I don’t know if i could commit to 5/6 weeks without touching it though, i’d be looking like even more of a hobo than usual about three weeks in…

The three weeks will do you so.

Ah no but sure if you’re doing it at all you need to do it right. Ideally i’d work it around my holidays. Let it grow for two weeks at work and then head off on two weeks holiday so that while it’s in it’s shittiest form i’m away from work. I could mess with it then a week or two after coming back…

How long would yours be pike, would you go for a trim sort of a look?

One of the funniest ever posts on this site

Last year after Christmas it was a huge bush of a yoke before I got rid of it around March.
Keep trimming it every few days now.

It’s very similar to Pep Guardiola actually Dunph.
Grew it in honour of the man.

I cleaned my beard up from the monstrosity it was in to an actual beard a couple of weeks back.

Today, I did what I have threatened for a long time to do but never had the cojones.

Handlebar moustache. I’m happy with how it turned out. It is not perfect but it is quite good.
I’m delighted to be compared to James Hetfield.

In fact it is carved pretty much exactly like this:
http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2007/07/11/previews/James%20Hetfield-ELZ-000046.jpg

I like ClarkeyCat’s little beard, can’t imagine him without it now.

Give us an actual pic there CLD, do you plan on keeping the handlebar tache long? Most people only grow those as a novely thing.

Anyone ever use this stuff? Every review I’ve read says it’s quality.

http://www.totalshave.com/ezine/ezine.jpg

I used to use that and the King of Shaves stuff. Think they fuck up your blades a bit. Not really sure why I’ve given up on the oil stuff but I can’t settle on any sort of tolerable shaving system at all.

I’ll give it a try. Blades last no length anyway. The no irritation thing is a big plus. Anyone here ever use an open blade for shaving?

no but have gotten a couple of hot towel shaves in the last few of weeks and they are the fucking business…

What sort of dough are we talking for one of these?

depending where you go somewhere between 10 and 2o euro, well worth, you are like a new man after it…ali barber up the top of thomas street do a noble one