Should Gerry Adams stay on as Leader of Sinn Fein?

Do expand

I donā€™t recall Elvis Costello getting similar treatment for Oliverā€™s Army with the same term used to describe 6 County nationalists.

If he used it now he may. Different times (as you know).
Iā€™m not saying itā€™s wrong, as he certainly meant no offence, but using the word in any context is dangerous in these strange days of liberal fascism.

The longer jarry remains as head of sinn fein/ira the better. Normal honest working will never vote for them

Do you remember much about 1978?

6 Likes

I thought during the election that Gerry was showing early signs of dementia.

3 Likes

Context or nuance arenā€™t concepts with which the anti-Sinn Fein simpletons here are familiar, mate.

They think context is a brand of exterior paint.

Gerrys twitter has been clearly open to this happening for some time. It was harmless enough shit for a long time, but how any political party didnt see a danger in his, quite simply, bizarre posting habits, is beyond me.

1 Like

Iā€™ve a suspicion that ā€œa cloakā€ descends on him sometimes when he tweets.

5 Likes

A balaclava of sorts perhaps?

2 Likes

A large bottle of balaclava, Iā€™d say.

3 Likes

And in what context is it OK to make ā€˜chinkyā€™ and homo jokes? @sidney, tfkā€™s chief racist.

I think you meant to say: ā€œAnd in what brand of exterior paint is it OK to make ā€˜chinkyā€™ and homo jokes?ā€

The screaming Marys are out in forceā€¦ Modern Ireland, where you canā€™t look sideways and someone is offended. :joy:

Remember when a similar quip was made just over 20 years ago in The Commitments and it was hilariousā€¦ If that movie/book was made today I could only imagine the outrage expressed on this forum and across the nationā€¦

Indeed, I was going to mention that.

The anti-PC opportunistic PC brigade are the biggest screaming Marys of them all.

Ken Livingstone is also a racist now, apparently.

Of course, we are too good to be the blacks of Europe these daysā€¦ We once wore it like a badgeā€¦ but now the blacks are the blacks of Europeā€¦ along with the Eastern Europeans, Asians, Indians, Pakistanis, Syrians etc. etc.

Say it loud and say it proud, the Irish are the most pretentious cunts in Europeā€¦and Dubliners and the most pretentious cunts in Ireland and south-siders are the most over inflated pretentious racists cunts in Dublinā€¦

Noā€¦ youā€™ll never be cool, mateā€¦ ever.

I fully understand the context. And personally donā€™t find the comment offensive. But itā€™s 2016. It is not an acceptable word to use to describe someone in any context now. Gerry knows that, I know that, pretty much everyone knows that. Unbelievably naieve at best

1 Like

You are the same screaming Mary who flagged an @ironmoth post for daring to have an alternative perspective on transgender issues.

2 Likes

He called them mentally ill. Probably the most disgusting post iā€™ve ever seen on the internet anywhereā€¦

Gerry used a term synonymous with slavery to portray how the nationalist community in the North feelā€¦

You simply cannot compare the two.