Sign In Scotland backers

I actually don’t thing it was the system, twas that the scottish lads stood back and admired them; probably because they hadn’t the gas tanks to stay with them.

They should appoint a progressive manager like Stephen Kenny

3 Likes

He couldn’t have served up any worse than this rubbish.

Best fans in the world.

Signing and singing TFOS and they getting tanked.

3 Likes

Bullshit attitude and shows why Ireland and Scotland are shit at football. Defeatist attitude. Go out and get pissed anyway.

He took 13 points from 42 in the Scottish second division so yes I think he could.

5 Likes

Martin o Neill had the french pushed to the pin of their collar. Beat Italy.

The disrespect is crazy.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t think the Irish are in any position to be throwing stones at the Scotch, we lost 1-6 to Germany under Trapattoni a few months after a meek 4-0 surrender against Spain.

At least Trap qualified us for the Euros, this is the second one the Scotch have reached under Steve Clarke. It’ll be a long time before we’re at a major finals again.

I had a brief look at the highlights of Ireland v Sweden 2016 last night. We made all the running in that game and scored a great goal.

Bejaysus we’re a looooong way off that now.

2 Likes

Yep I’ll never understand the disrespect to the likes of trap, Mon and big mick

Not that long ago that Brazil were losing 1-7 to Nationalmannschaft at home in a World Cup semi final.

3 Likes

Scotland would have beaten that Brazil team 2-0.

Beat Austria in Vienna, Wales in Cardiff, Germany and Bosnia in Dublin. The team were never beaten and struck for so many late goals. His method of naming the team an hour before kick-off was odd but there’s no denying he had a good managerial career. Two league cups with Leicester, a treble and UEFA Cup final appearance with Celtic, top 6 finishes x3 with Villa.

Meanwhile Stephen Kenny is 2 wins from 7 in the LOI. Trap the European Cup winner is the dinosaur😅

1 Like

It’s incredible the brainwashing by the likes of Ken early and Gavin cooney are doing. Second captains/off the ball / 42.ie done more harm to Irish football than anybody else.

5 Likes

You’re forgetting the 5-1 humiliation under Poppy O’Neill v Denmark. Dinosaurs always get found out ala Crapatoni v Germany.

Scotland of course as our knowledgeable League of Scotland cohort will know on their last trip to the Fatherland for a major tournament at the 1974 World Cup were the only one of the 16 participants to come home unbeaten.

No mean feat in a tournament involving the Frank Beckenbauer and Gerd Muller led Federal Republic of Germany and the Total Football of Johan Cruyff and the Netherlands.

1 Like

He took us within 90 minutes of the World Cup. Just threw caution to the wind at 2-1 in an attempt to turn the game around. The Danes were class that night though. Eriksen and Sisto.

Trap should’ve stepped away after the Euros in 2012.

3 Likes

There was nothing humiliating about losing a World Cup play off.

1 Like

Can we keep this thread Scotland related folks. Disrespectful to our League of Scotland enthusiasts to be hijacking it with stale old Eire chat.

The blackwatch beret boys took one hell of a beating

1 Like

Back on track @ChairmanDan:

https://twitter.com/hepennypacker01/status/1801683470122467445?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

3 Likes