Sinn Fein - Populism and Partionism

That’s so maddening.

Whats the SF story here?

I look at politics wouldn’t follow a party as they are pretty much all the same. I refuse to vote (that can drive some lads demented but fuck ye) from the untrained eye, why didn’t SF form a government? Could they not have getting alot of independants etc and coming up with a government? Hindsight no as they’ll roll into the next one after the shit show but why didn’t they press the other smaller party’s for a minority government?

You think they only had to click their fingers? And how long would a gov made up of 5 parties and about 20 independents would last?

The numbers weren’t there. The greens and others had said weren’t going in with SF

Thanks man. Nicely summed, I don’t follow the shit show generally

A fair chance it might have outlasted the one we have now

the greens said that?

1 Like

Who’s he? I googled Tim Obe but nothing came up for him…

I’d have thought a Dolores superfan like yourself would know.

2 Likes

Colin Parry was and is a gent. People like him and Gordon Wilson are the real heroes who should be remembered, unlike blow hards in media or the people who killed.

2 Likes

I only became a superfan when she died.

1 Like

Strange thing to google

Would you not be more concerned for the victims of the Dublin Monaghan bombings?

Sweep sweep.

Two wrongs don’t make a right

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy has a specific thread for this whataboutery

The Dublin Monaghan Bombings

I’m just calling out free staters having no interest in nationalists getting murdered by state forces and have no understanding of how the Provos came into being.

So it’s a bit rich for West Brits to be feigning outrage at the Provos when they were ambivalent to British troops and O6 security forces colluding and partaking in the murder of nationalists civilians, aided and abetted by the British and Free State governments.

I note you don’t contribute.

Telling.

I would say the difference is that most people on here were alive in the nineties but not in the seventies so will remember Warrington more clearly