Sinn Fein - Populism and Partionism

Members of SF went to the home of the person who tweeted. That’s true.

1 Like

They were murders on combatants.

But it shows the way The Britsh Army conducted themselves. 51% of the army’s victims were civilians in the troubles.

War has no rules mate, it’s cruel and ugly.

That’s false.

A member.

You’re saying she was intimidated. That’s false, you seem very naive to the mechanisms of the mainstream media.

Yeah yeah.

Yes.

But what drives men to take up arms.

For republicans it was the liberation of their oppressed and discriminated people who were at the hands on a loyalist pogrom. For the British State and Loyalism it was to keep in place a protestandt ascendancy in a sectarian state.

Don’t like the truth now do you Farmer?

Typical SF shunting the goalposts.

A war is a ware. You attempt to somehow justify horrible attacks by the IRA on the grounds of war but when the tables are turned on the attack on IRA soldiers, as happens in war, then its different, etc etc.

I said it was a war. And bad things happen in war across the board.

You on the other hand are ignoring the reason for the war. Must be Free State shame as your government watched on as innocent nationalists were burned out of their homes, beaten off the street and shot in the back at by state security forces.

1 Like

What that a member of SF visited the home of a journalist to seek her out after expressing her opinion? And for a leading member of the party to pass it off as insignificant?

You can be damn right sure that I don’t like the truth.

I have great sympathy for Catholics in the six counties and I can see how people would have taken up arms.

But those ambushes were fair game in my opinion. You can’t have your cake and eat it.

1 Like

What are you on about a journalist for?

I don’t find anything really unusual or wrong about it. You do seem like the naive type of sheep who will swallow anything he’s told without properly investigating it so I’m not surprised to see you take the FG media spin on this.

Here is the account of the girl in question which varies widely with what you’re putting forward here.

Why are you trying to distort the truth?

I wouldn’t justify or condone it. As I have repeatedly said, I would be a fierce critic of the WoI, even if there was more of a mandate for it (which in itself I’d criticise). I would also say that the Irish public have far too great a reverence for it. The RIC piece was a disaster.

The point we were getting back to is this. The PIRA campaign was full of cowardly acts, this is reflected in the low numbers of their members killed over a 30 year period.

Again I’d be against this act but in terms of the non intentional killing of civilians, more often than not the PIRA got out of dodge whilst civilians paid the price. Some PIRA volunteers indeed died when planting bombs; but it was a different story to a fire fight.

Anyway, the reality is that PSF’s efforts to meme away the stains of the Troubles are successful down south, but damaged a United Ireland, likely for another generation.

This thread is a reflection of politics in this country… Pure scutter.

Politics doesn’t work. It just divides and fails society.

Except this is the big problem that drew most of the ire. It was often a bomb left by a PIRA volunteer, who was long gone from the area by the time it exploded. Cowards.

No, you’re wrong there. There are rules. Armies and soldiers all receive training in them in fact.

One of the basic rules is deliberate targeting of civilians and especially children is not war, it’s murder.

You accept that surely?

Not at all. In fact it was worse, 8,000 IRA prisoners were arrested during the troubles, many of them tortured, sentenced without trials. etc.

Was the Maria Lindsay murder as bad as or worse than the Jean McConville murder?

What’s the difference between killing a civilian by bomb or bullet? At least a bomb there can be a certain element of lack of control but a bullet has a far more sinister element to it.

You are blatantly contradicting yourself here.

No there aren’t.

If armies and soldiers received training then why did they break them. Why have no British soldiers being prosecuted for all the civilians they killed in the north?

Why is the Free State government still trying to thwart justice for the McAnespie family?

Prisoners are irrelevant.

550 died in 2.5 years of the WoI.

Less than 300 Provos died in 30 years.

This was a reflection of the cowardice of PIRA tactics.

Yes, there are. To say otherwise is denying reality.

Laws are broken all the time, it’s called crime. That doesn’t mean that laws don’t exist.

You’re going to great lengths to avoid acknowledging a very simple point.

1 Like