Six Nations Rugby Championship 2020 - The Greatest Marketing Show in Town

What position did you play in?

I fear it will have been a decision taken by the marketing people Dan, its the professional era now and the principles of the amateur game are long dead. I didn’t see O’Driscolls Lambeg beating documentary but I’m surprised if this snub to the Unionists of the island wasn’t covered as it caused great offence. I know it would require some of the Irish squad learning a 3rd new anthem but I’d love to see this wrong put right the next time the national side travel north.

Marketing people no doubt had a hand in this slight. You see it here all the time with the partitionist Eire type soccer crew when they comment on rugby matters. They’re not accepting of the protocols that go with a 32 county team that represents the whole island of Ireland. Carping about Ireland’s Call.

Herring is a granny rule lad isnt he?

That was certainly borne out in the World Cup before last.

1 Like

He is but still recruited from abroad.

I never said he was - @ChairmanDan and I were talking about the bandwagon rubby lads bigging up Ireland as the greatest ever not so long ago— you being a prime example of this. … now you are claiming you said Schidmet over achieved with what he had ? in the post above you previously said they had the best squad on the planet … dear oh dear …

Is that Tyson Fury?

Dev has let the conditioning go a wee bit since Schmidt blackguarded him.

Schmidt destroyed Sexton, he’s practically a vegetable now. Charges should be brought against him.

1 Like

Eddie has written the Ireland team talk that will be the prelude to beating England in 2021.

given the amount of unpunished offsides by the men in white yesterday, a more fitting cricket analogy would be that that england kept using sandpaper on the ball and getting away with it.

With schidmt anything was possible.

What was controversial about what he said there?

Irish rugby has @anon61878697 hopping whether we win or lose.

Ross Byrne and Cooney may as well be moved on now. I’d call up the ten from the 20s and Craig Casey. Toner needs to go too. Herring is awful. Leavy would be a huge return. Sexton is a poor choice as captain. Ringrose is a huge miss. Lamour is a winger and not a full back.

They failed miserably at two WCs.

3 Likes

I can’t speak for Gavin Cumiskey. Maybe send Gavin a message to find out.

I’m not bothered one way or the other tbh – but I have actually come on board a bit this year – I’m just sorry I listened to people who havent a clue about the game and should have heeded the warnings of real rubby men like @gilgamboa, @anon26343222 and @tallback