Sleep - a thread to document your sleeping habits

Ten for me tonight, please God. In the leaba now.

1 Like

Life is too short mate, 6 quality hours of sleep is plenty.

3 Likes

Would the same go for mam and dad beating the shit out is each other ? :flushed:

Did you leave your phone in your pocket kid.?

Supposedly a cunt of a thing for csusing what you’ve got.

1 Like

That or else excessive masturbation in my teens are the likely cause alright, bud.

Do a lot of ye lads actually sleep 8 or more hours a night? I aim for 7. Less isn’t good for you I reckon.

Apparently on six hours sleep a night, in about 14 days your cognitive functioning is diminished to the same level as when you are legally drunk. Because it happens so gradually you don’t notice it either which is the worst part. In the short term you can make up for sleep deprivation, in the long term the damage can’t be undone it seems.

1 Like

Based on the well known studies conducted by David Dinges in 2003

“Not surprisingly, those who had eight hours of sleep hardly had any attention lapses and no cognitive declines over the 14 days of the study. What was interesting was that those in the four- and six-hour groups had P.V.T. results that declined steadily with almost each passing day. Though the four-hour subjects performed far worse, the six-hour group also consistently fell off-task. By the sixth day, 25 percent of the six-hour group was falling asleep at the computer. And at the end of the study, they were lapsing fives times as much as they did the first day.”

“The six-hour subjects fared no better — steadily declining over the two weeks — on a test of working memory in which they had to remember numbers and symbols and substitute one for the other. The same was true for an addition-subtraction task that measures speed and accuracy. All told, by the end of two weeks, the six-hour sleepers were as impaired as those who, in another Dinges study, had been sleep-deprived for 24 hours straight — the cognitive equivalent of being legally drunk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MJK-dMlATmM

Lots of recent studies have shown that over sleeping, 8 hours +, is also quite harmful… It seems 7 to 7.5 is that magic target.

Further studies have shown that the natural sleeping habits of humans is four hours kip, then awake for and hour or two, then four more hours.

Ps. Fuck off with yer fathers issues, if your giving a two year old full use of your iphone youve already made shite of them for life

Pps. Sorry to hear you’re a jaffa @Horsebox

2 Likes

8 hours sleep/rest is a game changer!!! Forget your sour breads and your nutribullets, just go to bed!!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear mate. If its any consolation it sounds like the lads with kids are doing very little riding anymore anyway.

3 Likes

Is she gonna stay with you?

I’ve been drunk for the past 2 months so pal, very drunk.

5 Likes

Where do you live this perfect existance mate? Can I visit and take notes?

2 Likes

Time into bed: 10.15pm
Asleep by : 10.30pm approximately
Reading: No
TFK: no
Other internet “usage”: no
Marital duties : No
Sleep quality : Not bad apart from having to calm a 2 year old around 3am, I barley remember.
Alarm : 5.30am
Alarm type : buzzer on phone
Out of bed : 5.30am
Sleep length :7 hours
Feel : Unreal, not drunk for the first time in weeks.

12 Likes

Call in the next time Galway have a home game in Leinster bud.
In fairness, if your child getting night terrors it shouldn’t be much of a stretch to not plonk a two year old in front of the TV before going to bed

Depends if she finds the key or not I suppose, kid.

2 Likes

My brother has two kids under 3 and looks like he has aged about a decade in that time. The kind of sleep they recommend is pretty much impossible with young children.

Sleep is over rated. Kids wake up at night sometimes. Get down off your crosses and deal with it. Or tell that lump of a wife to get up instead of you.

7 Likes