Sleep - a thread to document your sleeping habits

Yeah, I stopped looking in the mirror weeks ago. A pair of Farah slacks and a fair isle jumper and I’m just like my ould fella.

3 Likes

What has you up at that time?

Ah come on Ambrose.

Started work at 7.30am this morning. 30 minute commute, 40 minute swim, 10 mins Zen and a hearty breakfast all completed prior to that.

8 Likes

Alarm set Harry, kids not an excuse.

You’re a class act. If kids are sleeping in the morning I won’t stir until half seven.

This morning was an exception as kids slept through the night and baby did a 5 hour stint. All wrecked from Jake the night before.

Would you ever have an auld sneaky snooze at work in the early or mid afternoon @KinvarasPassion, I’m a whore for it during the winter. I got into the habit of it when the kids were very small and now I’d have 20 or 30 minute kip most days after the lunch.
It’s sets you up before you get home.
I used to feel guilty about it, the wife at home with 2 kids under the age of 2 and I fast asleep in the union room at work.

1 Like

:joy:

If we had a union room I’d definitely utilise it. Afternoons are a fucker brimmer, yanks come online at 1ish so it’s non stop calls from there to 5.

Back in the good old days on Eircom in Dublin there was a ‘sick bay’ with 2 beds in it. Many’s the Friday I spent in there.

2 Likes

I’d an awful night last night – was having panic attacks. I even convinced myself that I died two weeks ago when I was in hospital that time and i just believe i’m still alive like Bruce Willis in that move but i’m not, I’m actually dead.

1 Like

If you are dead, haunt @caulifloweredneanderthal for what he did to you that night

That would consist of turning up in SuperMacs and Tipperary regularly …

Lads, any of ye who have an ipod docking station or an alarm clock in your room with LED lights, get rid now. Did it last week. Gamechanger.

Or buy a sleep mask.

Can’t be dealing with them, mate. Annoying as fuck.

Oh for fuck sake.

1 Like

My missus wears one, it’s a gamechanger.

1 Like

I could do with a nap right now. But I’m going out for a walk along the rocks instead.

I wear one and wax earplugs, you have a savage uninterrupted sleep

It’s not for me but nothing would wake my missus when she’s the mask on.

1 Like