So, who's striking today? Which Side are You On

The ITs would be a cakewalk compared to universities…the thing is that it takes years to go up to the next grade and payscale as a lecturer as far as i know…‘Publish or perish’ was the phrase for University lectures once upon a time…

It’s even more the case now. It all depends on what department you land in. Think you have to do in the region of eighteen hours lecturing a week in the ITs. Heavy enough going when you take prep work into account as well.

glad to see all the privaye sector lads bitching about the dossersin the public service during work hours :popcorn:

Staff in DCU have voted against going on strike next week

So, are they going ahead with this striking shit on Tuesday or what?

:clap: :clap:

Won’t make much difference, the students will probably take the day off out of solidarity to their mooching brethern.

Looks like it. Waste of time, whatever you think of their motivation.

Tis bad enough they’re going to get rammed in the budget, without tossing away a days pay too, not to mention the sick days that will come out of it if its raining.

not everyone going ahead with it … seems to depend on the different branches … if a branch vote no they dont strike if they vote yes they do… i think all primary and secondary school teachers have voted to go striking… however some schools only seems to be striking from like 8am to 10am … that each teacher stands outside for like 15 mins what a joke

I’l be in the nest next tuesday morning anyway. I might go for a bag of that “Pulse” that Special Olympiakos was on about to put the day down.

Grand weather for it…

I heard that a lot of CPSU members are dubious enough over the result of the ballot for strike action.

Do you know if the results of these ballots are independently verified?

[quote=“The Runt”]I heard that a lot of CPSU members are dubious enough over the result of the ballot for strike action.

Do you know if the results of these ballots are independently verified?[/quote]

I despise all Unions to be honest so I have no idea.

What an excellent day for an exorcism.

nice of the unions to allow their public service members in flooded areas go to work while their colleagues are picketing, there will be a nice bit of over time floating round too although im sure that never came into it.

[quote=“The Runt”]I heard that a lot of CPSU members are dubious enough over the result of the ballot for strike action.

Do you know if the results of these ballots are independently verified?[/quote]

there was no ballot on this strike action, they used the result from the pension levy ballot, cheeky cunts

Are you sure?

Was the “result” not 70%/30% in favour of strike action?

I hope Foley gets soaked

Unions should not be allowed.

Disband all Unions!!!