Social Media "Influencers"

Ooooooofffffffffffttttttttttttt

Assume this is the reason why… Assume was targeting domestic tourism. This looks like a massive non story to me… 300k in marketing over 2 years… I bet their budgets were massively underspent elsewhere with lack of foreign tourists… Good headline tho…

Many of the campaigns were run during the Covid lockdowns in a bid to market Irish destinations amid a raft of travel restrictions – sparking a surge in domestic tourism.

Edit… I finally read to the end of your post and realised you’d twigged this :joy:

1 Like

It’s easy see now why young people are so invested in growing their social media followers. There’s big money in it.

Massive money in it.

Pales into insignificance in the main compared to what the rte celebs etc can pick up outside of the day job in appearances etc.

I know of one highish profile rte personality who did 2 x 5k gigs that I am aware of one weekday, and did another awards gig that evening that I don’t know how much he got for it… On a random weekday. And this fella is about as entertaining as gout

1 Like

probably has gout
DC ?

Phew. 3 grand a week ones not insulted

1 Like

Even something as achievable as 10k followers on insta can have decent advertising opportunities for the person. You can make 1500 these days just to throw out a discount code and model some gacky clothes.

Is there a market for Insta Boggers. Fair few good candidates around here.

2 Likes

Slurry sluts are a huge gap in the influencer market

3 Likes

I put the X factor in FX Buckley

5 Likes

And it’s absolutely quantifiable in terms of views and likes etc. Same with fellas like frank McNamara’s son. The likes of us love to crib about nepotism etc but it’s quite simple people either like and watch their videos or they don’t and the numbers are there.

Those Garrihy sisters are some dose

3 Likes

Agreed

They get a rightful doing on tattle as do the jockeys

2 Likes

The Irish Kardashians.

G2 is some spoofer

1 Like

Roz is very effective, gets serious traction in the US with the reels and stuff.

Plenty of others stealing a living at it but not her imo.

1 Like

She’s genuinely into the countryside/hiking/wild activities etc, whatever about a few more who got paid

@myboyblue Louise Cody one of yer own doing well for herself

What does fair well constitute? I feel like this is a trick question.