Social Media "Influencers"

This is a mad auld argument but what do you mean by the last paragraph there? Do you think all schools should be gaelscoils with all teachers teaching through irish all day? Maybe I’m taking you up wrong

You have to have some level of Welsh to teach in Wales. Those Welsh xenophobic bastards

The King of England can speak Welsh fluently

1 Like

The best of TFK innit?

1 Like

I think they should bilingual at the very least.

I have family members teaching kids from three or four countries with not a word of English. They get there eventually.

Not in a GS of course, they wouldn’t tolerate such diversity.

Probably why we love it but won’t admit it…

1 Like

Yeah it does. Health system would possibly not function without it though.

Same isn’t true of private schools. They could be absorbed into public system

The German School in Clonskeagh needs banning. Kindergarten.
And it’s Neighbour Lycée Francais d’Irlande

Do some GS exclude on other criteria?

Racist

Huh?

There is definitely an element of gaelscoils being softly socially segregated in a lot towns and that’s the attraction for a lot of people. Not many foreigners, travellers, kids with special needs/learning difficulties or disadvantaged kids go to them I’d imagine. But that’s their choice really as they wouldnt want to go to them as they feel they would be out of their depth with helping with homework and a host of other reasons. My little fella has mild special needs and I wouldn’t send him near a gaelscoil. School is hard enough already without someone talking in Irish at him all day. The schools themselves don’t and can’t refuse them id say.

2 Likes

Horsey cunts

Confirmed this evening by a teacher in the local GS that they have what @Tim_Riggins calls non-native kids in their intake from the last few years. These kids could choose to get exemptions if they went to other schools but are choosing to learn through Irish as this is where they want to lay down roots

:ireland:

I wasn’t wrong…

Johnny foreigner can have sharp elbows too you mean.

Paige Van Zant’s fan site is free for the next few days guys

2 Likes

Ye Limericks love the butty wans.

1 Like

I like a young wan I can pick up and throw around

She’s a grand bit of gear