South Circular Road Gazette

Correct

There was also a video rental place (Academy?) there with an extensive adult video sectionā€¦ allegedly.

Jesus I remember going there once as they had an F1 car in the show room. Cant remember if it was a Honda F1 team car or a team that Honda supplied engines to.

'Tis a long time idle now

Must be near 20 years ideal at this stage

If the site was about 50 yards up the road on Oā€™Connell avenue or beyond Punches on the SCR side itā€™d probably be worth 4 times as much. Funny old World

Be a lovely spot for a young professional to rent a gaff. Ten minute walk to city centre, ten minutes to the crescent, on a busy bus route, ten mins walk to the train station, on the motorway in 5 mins. Beside punches and fennesseys as well, both grand pubs. Lidl out the back door, the best offie in Limerick beside you. What more could you want

A good hospital down the road, just in case. Suppose you canā€™t have everything.

Could well have been Jordan, as Honda supplied them in 2001-2002, and they were supplied by Mugen-Honda for a few years before that. Have vague memories of being in there looking at cars with the auld fella around that era, maybe earlier.

1 Like

Could be Jordan vaguely remember.the fiat dealer in the dock road (now kia) had one of Schumacherā€™s Ferraris around same time. Got a photo with it.

Nothing alleged about it

There was some motor-show in Milstreet back in 1996 and Hillā€™s Williams was at it, heā€™d won the first few races of the season in it (could well have been the spare car in fairness). The Rothmans livery was a sexy one.

I remember then the brother was at a summer camp or something a few years later and somehow got the opportunity to sit in a '99 Jordan - the lad likes cars but would have never had an interest in F1. I was well jelly.

1 Like

I was mad into F1 in those days. I remember Tedā€™s or brazen head had a back markers car in the club for a promotion around 99/00 or something. Myself and the mother waited outside one afternoon for ages for them to open for a look but they would leave us in as I was only 5 or 6 despite it being around 5pm, or something like that. Memory is very hazy on that

1 Like

Woman on Oā€™Connell Avenue along with a few others objected before, I think on the basis that they were going to be student apartments. Hope they get the go ahead, would be great for the area (shortage of apartments nearby, especially for students). Also, you wouldnā€™t know what else they would put in there if they leave it any longerā€¦a lot has happened around Henry Street and Oā€™Curry Street in recent years, but thereā€™s some people donā€™t see that and are more worried about a few bins being tipped over by studentsā€¦than fuckers shooting up in the road.

I remember the Dominos Pizza and the william Hill betting shot that was in there, I remember sitting in the the morning Stephen Ireland scored 2 on his Ireland debut. every pane of glass in the garage behind was smashed Iā€™d say. The place was a woeful kip really.

Four Star rather

@backinatracksuit what you think of the proposed new one way system. I got a letter in the door from some residents whoā€™ve got themselves worked up but I think it makes perfect sense

1 Like

Whatā€™s the proposal?

One way from crescent side to fennesseys. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy will be delighted to know they are planning a double bike lane.
On street parking will be gone which is why the residents are upset presumably. Thereā€™s a lot of houses along there with no parking.
Theres a lot more who are too lazy to pull their cars into the drive though

1 Like

Makes complete sense but for the parking.

The only danger for me would be it would make driving the road so much quicker that it would become more of a rat run.

Theyā€™ll have to find somewhere for them to park the cars. A lot of those houses are older people though so Iā€™m not sure a car park even close by would work for them. Some of them have some sort of rear access I think