Spicy food

Was it Tadhka house?

Tadkha house is not a Nepalese place mate, so no. Lumanti of Nepal was the name of the place. Very friendly staff too.

But I saw your post about Tadkha earlier on, I think I gave it a like, it is absolutely superb. As is @Fagan_ODowd’s mention, Bombay Pantry.

The Pakistani place in Ranelagh is quite nice.

I am trying to narrow down what makes me fart so much after one of my patented stir fries. I think it’s coriander.

I have recently become a massive fan of coriander. It’s extremely good for you and the way a scattering of fresh coriander can have such an impact on many dishes is unreal. It’s a pity it dies so fast when you buy little potted plants of it.

There’s a herb/spice the Indians put in curries to help limit the post meal flatulence, ostefadia or something along those lines.

Dash of gaviscon

Asafoetida it’s called

I thought the vast majority are from Bangladesh. There were a few smashing Indians in Terenure. Not sure if they’re still open.

3-2-1 A study suggests that a diet rich in spices including chilli peppers could be beneficial to our health. The key health giving property of the pungent chilli is capsaicin which, among other things, helps break down bad cholesterol.

I had a Jalaferzi last night and it was fairly hot, I asked them to spice it up a bit, they had a few birds eye chilies in it

I love spicy Indian food and trying new places to enjoy it. Must say though this stuff is as good as you’d get in any Indian curry house. Not your usual jar of stuff

2 Likes

They are very good. They have had a stall at the Milk Market for years.

how could you ate something out of a jar?

Try it pal, it’s a bit of an animal

I think they’re based down around Midelton, they send on spice mixes to you from the website, highly recommend their stuff

Have tried a couple of these on mixers recommendation. Top class stuff, though the jalfrezi is not for the faint of heart.

Thanks mixer. :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Picked up a couple of them in Tesco oday, €3 a jar at the moment.

You can Order spices from their website , which come with a recipe, a make it to how you please also.

Did you get the jars or order the spice mixes from the website @Fagan_ODowd ? Good as anything youd get in an Irish curry house i reckon