Spiders and Insects

you havenā€™t been collared for yours yet?

Always carry a spade.

3 Likes

Gorgeous though especially hovering above water

1 Like

Whats this little critter? About half the length of my little finger.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a butt plug beetle

3 Likes

Itā€™s a Cockchafer.

4 Likes
1 Like

Flute hook reckons itā€™s a cock chafer.
By god.

3 Likes

Is there hornets in Ireland? Never see one in my life until I think now. This thing was bloody huge & the noise off it was nothing like a standard bee or wasp

1 Like

Are you sure it wasnā€™t a crow

5 Likes

Negative on the crow. Iā€™d of taken a photo but I shat myself and ran inside. The stinger on this thing

no tanā€™god

Grand, Iā€™ve spotted the first ever hornet in Ireland today so.

Asian-Hornet

2 Likes

Youā€™ve opened a hornets nest.

1 Like

We have European hornets. One landed on the first beehive i had. Not having a clue it briefly occurred to me that it was an escaping queen beeā€¦so i tipped it into the hive. The bees immediately let a bit of a roar out of them and Iā€™d say the non-native was dispatched fairly sharpish. Glas would have been morally outraged

4 Likes

Queen probably. Saw one once, Hugeā€¦

1 Like

I think posted here before that one time I was working on a roof in a very precarious situation when out of nowhere this huge flying creature ( later discovered it was a hornet) came straight at me nearly causing me to fall off the roof. The think was was at least 2ā€ -3ā€ long

1 Like

The spiders, which can adapt its attacking behaviour for different ā€˜battle scenariosā€™, killed and ate 95% of its opponents in NUI Galway study

:eek:

Is someone in Galway fighting spiders with tax payers money?

They should stream it really