Spiders and Insects

Northern California. We spray the outside of the house every month but Iā€™ve encountered them in the garage several times and obviously around the garden. They love to hide under stuff you havenā€™t picked up for a while. Itā€™s best to kick things over and examine them before using your hands. The fuckers move quite swiftly when they put their minds to it.

Where exactly are you pal? Are you SAMCRO?

Same with the funnel webs, though we donā€™t spray anything. Iā€™ve found them in footwear left outdoors or in the garage, so always check before putting them on.

Those sound like right bastards.

East Bay. Inland from SF enough to be hot as fuck. Basically anything coast side of Berkeley/Oakland is cool in summer and inland is like an oven. Can be as much as a 40F difference in mid summer.

Finally getting to that time of year when I relax my spider checking routines. I gave the work shoes a quick check this morning but I didnā€™t check right down to the toes. Socks were in a ball so trusted them. I had a glance around the shower tray before showering this morning but didnā€™t check perimeter walls thoroughly. Hopped into bed now and while I checked under the duvet, I didnā€™t check between the pillows or the fringes of the matress.

Intention now is to cease checks completely on Christmas Day. I wonā€™t be on spider alert then for 8 or 9 months and will have a fairly relaxing time of it until wasps and bees appear in the springtime.

6 Likes

Good for you tough guy. :+1::muscle:

1 Like

There are no dangerous spiders in Ireland. I shudder to think what you would be like in a place that has venomous spiders. Iā€™d say youā€™d never go outside where Fitzy lives.

A recent Lonely Planet article listed @Fitzyā€™s garlic patch as one of the Top 10 most dangerous places on the planet.

6 Likes

These mild winters and springs are making a fuck of wasp season. One time you could expect them in August and September, but now they can appear in March.

2 Likes

Itā€™s the killer garlic I grow.

Why would he stand outside @Fitzyā€™s house?

The cunts are back again @Ambrose_McNulty @TheBird @iron_mike @Fran

2 Likes

Had a few run ins with these chaps lately ā€” one ran across the pillow I was laying down on when watching College football last Saturday night ā€” I caught him the next morningā€¦ Then a couple of nights later, our next door neighbour, lady in her 60s, asked me would I come in a dispose of a monster of a thing ā€“ I had told her many moons back to call me if she wanted me to get rid of any bugs or rodents ā€” I manfully caught him with my hands and put him outsideā€¦ Some swagger on me walking the two steps back home.

:eek:

You Sir are a hero.

:ronnyroar:

Thatā€™s like one of the cunts from starship troopers. Could have killed your entire family.

:astonished:

A likely story.
Yes guard I was in the old womanā€™s house. Yeah catching a spider.
Cc. @HBV. Heā€™s up to his old tricks again.

1 Like

This is a good read