Spiritual Experiences

You are safe now pal, back with those you have shared your finest ups and downs with. We will always be here for you mate.

2 Likes

Great to have you back.

1 Like

That never happened.

1 Like

:rolling_eyes:

I took a few hours out there for myself and done a bit of work on myself, its unreal what a bit of mindfulness can do for your sense of well being

I was running along by the river tonight, spotted a wild deer on the path without another soul about, I had to stop and cry at the raw beauty of it

4 Likes

https://scontent.flhr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16864067_753448271490965_3951034365725826755_n.jpg?oh=d6b84e0aad27ef9d3a067d1c5d46a172&oe=596189C0

@caoimhaoin
@mickee321
@Turenne
@gilgamboa

6 Likes

Jesus thatā€™s powerful. Iā€™d love a hug off an elephant now

11 Likes

Why mate, is the missus not around?

7 Likes

Sometimes an elephantas hug is all that will do mate

would you ever cry at the raw beauty of something?

I would pal.
Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment.

A red squirrel ran out in front of my car this morning. I pinned the motor to the road and saved the little fellows life. i will always remember it.

3 Likes

Corn flakes for dinner tonight so

6 Likes

Years ago, when I was backpacking across Western Europe, I was just outside Barcelona, hiking in the foothills of mount Tibidabo. I was at the end of this path, and I came to a clearing, and there was a lake, very secluded, and there were tall trees all around. It was dead silent. Gorgeous. And across the lake I saw, a beautiful woman, bathing herself. but she was cryingā€¦
I hesitated, watching, struck by her beauty. And also by how her presence; the delicate curve of her back, the dark sweep of her hair, the graceful length of her limbs, even her tears, added to the majesty of my surroundings. I felt my own tears burning behind my eyes, not in sympathy, but in appreciation of such a perfect moment.
She spied me before I could compose myself. But she didnā€™t cry out. Instead our eyes held and she smiled, enigmatically, fresh tears still spilling down her cheeks. I was frozen. I knew nothing about this woman, and yet, as we stood on opposite sides of a pool of water, thousands of miles from my own home and everyone I had ever known, I felt the most intense connection. Not just to her, but to the earth, the sky, the water between us. And also to the entirety of mankind. As if she symbolized thousands of years of the human condition.
I wanted to go to her, to comfort her, to probe this feeling of belonging I had never encountered before. But I couldnā€™t. Because I knew that if I spoke, if she spoke, that moment would be ruined. And I knew I would need the memory of that moment to carry me through the inevitable dark patches throughout my life.
And so I watched her lower her hand, turn, and slowly walk to the shore opposite me. The rest of her perfect form was gradually revealed to me, and I held my breath as I watched her disappear behind a copse of trees near the water.
I didnā€™t follow her, in fact I turned around. I knew there was nothing else we could experience together that would be more perfect than that momentā€¦and it still remains the most profound experience of my life.

Cc @Tassotti

4 Likes

The beauty of the Newly built Windfarm outside Kilamley made me emotional last week, mate.

1 Like

Iā€™m in tears reading that.

1 Like

yes
when a friend of mine died in a few years back i saw her lying in such peace , beautiful , radiant and glowing, death takes but maybe it also gives something , i remember thinking that the Greeks would have sacked troy to have taken her back with them,
i stood there for a while and got very emotional , i thought about it the other night actually when i was having a few cans on my own in the kitchen, looking out into the abyss of my fractured life and the inconsistency of my relationships with those around me,
I could see the silhouette of my wife , standing there smoking in the dimly lit gloom and wondered if she too was wishing to be in that girls place, maybe she seeks a way outā€¦

i snapped out of it then pretty quickly and turned on MOTD

23 Likes

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-story-that-Joey-uses-whenever-he-wants-to-have-sex-bag-packing-and-a-lady-crying

Hmmm @myboyblue
Cc @Tassotti

Itā€™s not you fault pal, thatā€™s the Cark in you. Sure look at the state of @caoimhaoin and @gilgamboa as well.