Spotify and other music streaming services

Iā€™d not watch TV while Iā€™m driving out of an abundance of caution.

Iā€™d listen to more audiobooks than podcasts.

Binge watching Seinfeld repeats isnā€™t making you any smarter either.

That changes my view on it completely so. Maybe yeā€™re not all gobshites in that case.

I thought JP displayed vulnerability when he talked about his diet and addiction, the pain he went though, it was so refreshing, and that nutcase he heard when his daughter was invited to lecture at Oxford, trying to sexualise chickens and create a violent image of eating meat and equating it to misogyny, he said he started sweating she was such a nutcase and how fucked up she was, I hope that lecture is posted online, he said it was the greatest thing ever

1 Like

Heā€™s another lefty who thinks his binge watching or his 16 hours listening to audible is superior to other peopleā€™s. Thatā€™s been a constant here for the last few daysā€¦ name calling, slurs and all kinds of anger has been bandied about because people dare to have a different opion or taste. A counter opinion is fine but the tiniest scratch of the surface shows what these people are truly about. Itā€™s cancel culture. Clear and obvious to all.

4 Likes

Youā€™re missing the point.

You donā€™t listen to the whole thing at once. You listen to in chunks. But you have to listen to the whole thing to have an opinion. Youā€™re not allowed to criticise snippets. Unless you agree with it. Then you can praise it even if you havenā€™t listen to it all yet.

8 Likes

Sitting on the couch complaining about poverty on his iPhone

1 Like

Bluetooth in the car. Irish radio is dead. Iā€™ve more interesting things to do when not destroying the world

Theyā€™re not repeats to me

We shall not, we shall not be moved,!

Well then youā€™re in for a treat. Itā€™s a great great show.

1 Like

Like the way you run things so.

1 Like

You think TFK clamps down on opinions?

9 Likes

Iā€™d say Rogan is busting his bollix laughing at Neill Young. The auld fool.

2 Likes

Really? You canā€™t find anyone in the 1600 or so episodes who knows something you donā€™t, has an extraordinary story to tell, who might make you take up a new hobby or might inspire a career change? You arenā€™t interested in AI farming, history, drugs, music, politics, astronomy, food, alcohol, coffee, journalism, religon, sleep, fitness, ancient civilisation, climate change, geologyā€¦ I must be some dullard to be curious about these things and more.
And apparently i listen to all this to ā€˜getā€™ my
opinions, and this is somehow wrong and unacceptableā€¦and idioticā€¦where would you start with this narrative?
And how the fuck would I read ā€˜Mansfield Parkā€™ while cutting briars?

7 Likes

The sleep podcast is simply unreal cc @Thomas_Brady

These fucking simpletons trying to cancel Rogan and de-platform him based on a 1 minute youtube clip

3 Likes

This is great banterā€¦but Iā€™m not sure itā€™s sufficiently highbrow and guardian newspaperish for intellectual giants like rocko and Tank

1 Like
3 Likes

And hereā€™s one about mushroomsā€¦the bits about wasps steering cockroaches and ants with exploding heads mightnā€™t be entomologically exact enough for the likes of glas etc. I confess to finding it interesting

3 Likes

Yes.