Stag destination

the pure solid finest so it is

1 Like

The Oliver st John (SinGin) :rofl:

Strange enough to be looking for a pub to watch horse racing on a stag but it takes all sorts. Charlie Malone’s is the pick of what you’ve been recommended and you’ll get a decent welcome in there.

What’s particularly funny is it’s actually the Charlie St. George :sweat_smile:

The Oliver st John is in Dublin

1 Like

Indeed mate, that was my point :nerd_face:
Favoured watering hole of legendary ‘hellraiser’ (hopeless alcoholic) Richard ‘Dickie’ Harris

Great write up. You never mentioned P.A. Martins on Sarsfield street? A grand spot for a few pints during the day if there’s a match on. Good pints in there. And I’d wager they’d put the racing on for @mac and the lads if they know there’s a group to skull pints for a few hours.

1 Like

A grand bar alright. I’m not sure he’d be too happy to see a stag rock in. We were there one night with a gang and he was sour as fuck with us for disturbing his peaceful night

They’re colloquial enough alright i suppose but i think during day time if you went into a corner and drank away and asked for a channel to be put on they’d most likely oblige. I doubt @mac and the breakaway group from his stag would be a typical rambunctious messy young stag. But rather a few bores looking to watch Sandown in a quiet corner while the other lads are off somewhere else going mad.

1 Like

Lucas’s? Yeah if that’s the one

Sorry…sic on my behalf.

When I was there years back, lads came out there for a stag (handy as I lived 5 minutes from the town centre).
We went to Knox’s, Ciarán’s, the Cloister(s?), Cruises and then into Queens. We didn’t leave a 20 metre radius really. Any recommended places to go/not to go?

Years since I drank a pint in the town. I used to like a few pubs up towards the top of O’Connell Street, close to where I lived for a while. Fawls and O’Deas - probably gone now?

A few easy pints to watch racing with no kids, no organised fun, and no fucking clowns to annoy you. Bliss

4 Likes

Chance P.A. Martins or Myles Breens nearby I’d say one of them will put it on, unless there’s something else big on. Myles Breens lovely for nice quiet pints.

+1. I also have a soft spot for the quiet Flannerys next door to it.

I’ve never been in Fawl’s but tis still on the go anyway. Lucas’s still going well too. You’ll end up doing much or more the same circuit again, Nora Culligan’s is down from Knox’s towards the Queen’s, that might be one new addition. There’s a few more up towards the Fairgreen that would be okay as well but it’ll be bringing ye out of the town as such

1 Like

At this stage it’s fair to say I’ll likely head to 1 of the 45 pubs that have been recommended

2 Likes

That sounds new to me.

Ah yeah, we won’t be heading down there I’d say.
Drank in a few pubs along by the market area before as well - Paddy Quinns and Moroneys. Plenty of drinking options in Ennis.

Go to Charlie Malones during the day for racing and you could do a cracking pub crawl of proper boozers on your way back in

1 Like

@Mac
This is the best piece of genuine advice so far. If you are getting a taxi in you can start anywherr

Is there still a bookies (possibly a bamburys ) beside Charlie Malones ?

Can we get a complete list of the Flannerys pubs in Limerick and their differentiating factors.

A few doors down. Bookies is beside Bobby Byrne’s

1 Like