Stag destination

That is true alright. It’s a fair way to go for day-drinking and maybe watching a match.

He won’t be watching any match this weekend.

If it helps, I had decided not to go to the Waterford Kilkenny match this weekend on social conscience grounds.

1 Like

Have a wedding in a couple of weeks that is teetering in the balance.

Twas actually one I was looking forward to and all, but I couldn’t be arsed now.

Say a rosary for me.

7 Likes

Great to see this thread bumped. I haven’t been on a stag since 2018. All the lads married off now more or less, bar one lad who won’t get tied down. Maybe an auld divorce might lead to a second time round one.

1 Like

I attended one in Lucan of all places last week. Have another one in Budapest in December. We’re back baby

1 Like

I’m in Letterkenny next week for one.

I’m reliably informed that Letterkenny have done away with all Covid restrictions.

I have at least 5 stags next year, that I know of :pint:

I was at a few stags lately where the stags stayed fairly local as in 10 miles away because of early closing etc. Same crack as if stag was 100 miles away as before. I wonder will stags staying more local become common.

I’d love an auld stag weekend. Not bothered with the wedding, just the stag. That feeling when you wake up on the first morning realising you’ve absolutely nothing to do for the day except either drink or laze around the place is just savage. November or December weekend stags are great with the winter racing on. A few easy afternoon pints and punting away, pure bliss.

11 Likes

Would your group of mates all be into horses? I’ve been to a fair few stags in my time and I’d say we never had a bet on the horses, nobody I know of my generation would be big into horses, rural thing maybe?
I’d say Budapest is a grand place for a stag @Spidey, it’s one of my favourite cities.

PREACH

Nah… not rural… Know fuck all lads into the horses…

Christ. It doesn’t get much lazier than that

2 Likes

Is it your own kid?

1 Like

There’s hardly much point travelling at this stage sure and fucked out at 11

I was at a stag in my own east Limerick village. I’d a great time and was home in bed by 10.

1 Like

Ya Kilkenny God help me.

1 Like

Enjoy kid.

1 Like