Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

It’s no Liffey Valley. That’s for sure.

1 Like

Worked it out one day and figured out I’ve never even been through it. Plan to rectify that.

As TFK’s Mitchelstown expert there isn’t really a lot to do there, you could use it as a base to visit other places but what’s the point of that.

1 Like

You’ll find the Killyhevlin hotel the finest. There’s a big water park thingy on the shores of Lough Erne, plenty of restaurants in Enniskillen which is a fine busy town. Bring or rent/borrow a fishing rod if you want some solitude.
Keep your eye peeled for Peter Daragh Quinn who’s still “sought” in this jurisdiction.

3 Likes

Half an hour or so

Take a trip out to Glengarra Woods out Cahir direction.

1 Like

Mrs is at work til 2. Picking her up and hitting the road to glorious North Tipperary for a few days and then LK city. Just heading down home any chance we get this summer after the last year so don’t think we will squeeze in a few night elsewhere this summer.

1 Like

Seems mad. It borders with Donegal, Leitrim, Tyrone, Monaghan and Cavan.

Fermanagh people are salt of the earth.

2 Likes

Enniskillen a fine town, lovely part of Ireland around there. Border roads are mad, you are over one before you know it, and a red phone box there just to let you know your place.

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/travel/2021/0625/1231304-tripadvisor-reveal-the-top-10-staycation-experiences-in-ireland/

Number 1. Guided Walking Tour in Kilkenny

Sure why would anybody ever want to go abroad again.

11 Likes

:rofl:.

I had one of the nicest Carvery dinners of all time in the Firgrove Hotel in Mitchelstown on the way back from Tipp v Clare in the All Ireland Quarter Final 2017.

Then a wonderful 99 in Tipp Town to round off a great day.

6 Likes

The rock n roll museum :rofl:

I take it a 99 means a fight in this instance.

4 Likes

It’s when you have a flake off your cousin

8 Likes

No you’d be wrong there.

Those awards are a cod.

The aptly-named Blue Ocean restaurant does a lovely crispy chicken. A firm favourite of @Batigol and myself.

€7.50 for a glass of wine in an Droichead Beag last night. If you were insane enough to get a cocktail it was €12.50. :grin:
They’ve a fine job made of the back in fairness to them.
Slightly busier last night than midweek nights but we’d no hassle getting a table in a few places.

Outdoor drinking is an absolute cod. Grand for an hour or early in the day but unless you are sitting under a heater you are going to end up cold. I saw a few drinking in their dry robes last night. Not a bad idea to be fair. Great to be out and about in a crowd that said

The yerras are very worried. Bookings for the rest of the summer are way down on last year even. Houses renting well, hotels doing okay, but b&bs which Dingle is crawling with, are being wiped out. No one wants to stay in them I’m told. For someone who isn’t fussed a b&b stay might be cheap option for the summer in Ireland

4 Likes