Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

Tis fucking going around those towns we want to be doing, not linking them further.

What about those useless Kerry cunts? Have they sorted their side of it yet? I think the end goal is that it can be connected as far as Fenit?

Rathkeale to Listowel cycleway will be a real boon to travellers

2 Likes

The Kerry lads are starting the far side and working back, be a long time yet.

You’d imagine something similar linking Killarney and Tralee would be a no brainer as well.

There’s a glamping site opening up the road as well, which I assume is attempting to tap into traffic from the greenway as it would only be a 10 minute cycle from it.

They are in planning on wan on the old Caherciveen rail line at the moment which would apparently be spectacular altogether.

I suppose it should be pointed out that it’s ridiculously short term thinking to tar over a disused rail line between Limerick and Tralee which should by rights have been restored as a rail line given it connected Limerick city with the counties second largest town NCW, and with Kerry’s largest Tralee and third largest Listowel, along with Abbeyfeale, Rathkeale and Adare.

3 Likes

They cant fill the train from cork and limerick to dublin

1 Like

Wait for the WFH revolution. It’ll be busy every Thursday and Friday with those who have to show up once a week in the big schmoke.

I have an uncle down there Kilmorna/Duagh direction with a 200 acre farm. The scenery down there where the greenway will be traversing through his land is something else. He’ll have a horsebox selling skinny lattes and protein balls in no time.

4 Likes

I think it was the Duagh farmers that have the whole thing held up :grinning:

Anyone I ever met from Duagh was at least half-cracked

Yeah that sounds right. I know he was trying to make peace/bargain with one fella who was holding the whole thing up. Same fella still bitter on missing out on the Kerry Co op action many moons ago.

Jaysus you’d be sour. They are millionaires now

My father is determined to sell a block of the old Co-op shares (worth about 5x Kerry Group shares) and buy a new car that will lose half its value once it leaves the showroom :man_facepalming:

1 Like

County’s

Has he got the ordinary shares? Tell him not to sell the CO-Op ones anyway fellas are getting robbed selling them

1 Like

He’s only got a few hundreds worth of the Ordinary shares. The Co-Op shares are worth around €600 each based off the figures quoted for redemptions in 2019. There was another redemption offer this year which now seems to have closed. Hopefully he didn’t sell unbeknownst to me.

There’s no proper market in them, the only fellas buying them are buying them for cheap, because to be fair why would you buy them instead of normal shares otherwise.

Redemptions are different. That should be fair enough

Saw a fella cycling it just outside NCW bound for Abbeyfeale on Monday.

Was wondering if it was just a cycle lane for those to keep off that accident prone stretch of road