Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

I know Sean’s well. It was what pushed me in that direction. Although options were thin and prices were mental. Athlone was grand and chape though

I’ve stayed in the Creggan Court, the Hodson Bay and Wineport Lodge. Very different experiences.

1 Like

We’ve an apartment got. The Hodson Bay is a grand spot once you are in the new rooms. There’s a nice raddison I think it is, one of those chains anyway in town aswell

2 Likes

Hope you enjoyed the holidays mate, ignore the killjoys

1 Like

Radisson is 100% - right on the river

From the balcony of the hotel on the last leg of our staycation

14 Likes

Lah di dah! Is that the Europa?

There’s a very good reason why Athlone is grand and chape mate. Why would you do that to yourself?!?!

Looks very like the Europe

Like the view in Parknasilla too but they don’t have balconies

The Creggan Court serves a purpose.

Yes. Stags. And they were very kind to mail me my astro boots after I left them behind. Unfortunate that they were sent to number 13 instead of 30 so got within 50 metres of my house in Sandymount, then were sent to the GPO, then Limerick depot. Grrrrrr

Have to go somewhere and I’m not spending €1500 for a week in a cottage on the coast.

Athlone is actually a grand town to be fair to it

2 Likes

Splashed out for the last 2 nights!!

6 Likes

There’s an inflatable slides thing in lake at Hodson. . We did it last year. It was bloody freezing but kids loved it.

View back to the village from Ballycotton lighthouse last weekend, smashing few hours with the weather. Seagulls would nearly take off with you though…

7 Likes

Great pic. Ballycotton is a lovely town.

1 Like

Is St Itas the club there?

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/travel/2021/0714/1235059-countrys-best-hotels-revealed-in-irish-hotel-awards-2021/

No. Russell Rovers. Ballycotton is in the parish of Cloyne.

St Ita’s is on the outskirts of Youghal.

2 Likes