Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

We went out to Inis Bofin last week, if you’re prepared to walk for a half hour you’ll find secluded beaches and incredible scenery, we also found a lovely small restaurant with great chowder (the Galley)
Most people rent bikes which is a nice way to get around if you’re that way inclined, but it’s a fine big island and the ferry only goes across twice a day.

Cape Clear is my favourite island as we often went out there camping as young fellas

2 Likes

I’ve been to both Sherkin and Beare Island.
Wild camped overnight on both. Sherkin in particular was class.

1 Like

Cape is a much longer ferry ride but it’s well worth it, beautiful island and great craic in the summer if that’s what you’re looking for,

Baltimore is a lovely place to sit out and have a pint as well

Anyone ever in Harbour Hotel in Galway City?

Yes. As shit as it looks. But shure what more do you need than a bed?

2 Likes

Ah… True that.

Yes it used to be dire anyway.

1 Like

Just back from weekend in Delphi. Resort I wouldn’t bother with again. Overpriced and can book the activities without being guest in hotel.

Had never been up that part of the country before. Mind-blowing beauty. Killary Harbour, letterfrack, linnane, Cong, Louisberg. Equal measures of rugged bleakness and bountiful beauty. Just incredible Was like being on a different island at times it was so different.

No doubt weather large role in it but by far best family holiday we’ve had in Ireland.

3 Likes

We’re heading there in August for a few nights.

Good to know

We were a little further south but got up around there for a while.
Did you eat at the food truck in Killary (The Misunderstood Heron), silly name (I’m a sucker for that kind of thing) but the food is amazing, really, as good as any restaurant. Great asian foodtruck south of Letterfrack as well now.

1 Like

@Juhniallio @Fagan_ODowd I booked it on the basis of rating of 8.6 on trivago. Seems like a good location if anything.

Was down in Dunmore East to do the cliff walk yesterday Fagan. Tis a pity there’s no proper chipper in Upper part of the town. Looks like loads to do there all the same compared to the other side of the estuary.

1 Like

The chipper “East Pier” is more or less at the start of the Cliff Walk.

Aye, nout but fish and a taco chip. We went down to O’Shea’s. I’d only occasionally eat fish.

Oh

Think it was @Fagan_ODowd or @flattythehurdler who said bring midgie spray. You can’t bring enough of it. Honestly, sheep dip levels needed.

Consider leaving a child behind and fill their space with repellant. Could almost spoil the trip they were that bad.

4 Likes

I did, ate lunch there yesterday. Did the boat tour of the harbour at 10, lunch up there for 12. Nothing short of incredible and still half the day ahead of us after both.

It was me. They are fcuking brutal there sometimes

1 Like

Left the sun to go for a few days break to the beach in SoCal. It’s fucking raining.
What’s that song?

:joy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmq4WIjQxp0

Have a present of a voucher for the Cliff House Hotel. We’ll head down in October.

Fancy going somewhere else second night (a two night stay even with the voucher is too much to justify ) - any other places/hotels in general area you’d recommend