Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

B&B in the Tannery in Dungarvan. Incredible breakfast.

2 Likes

Castlemartyr is where it is at mate. Drop down to @Locke and heā€™ll take you for a look around the sights.

1 Like

ā€œThereā€™s where Pat Shortt used to own a pub.ā€

TOUR ENDS

2 Likes

I was there a number of years back. Nice but not memorable is my memory of it.

Jaysus, thereā€™s some savage food trucks dotted around the country these days, Iā€™m doing my best to get to as many as I can

Got some lovely grub from a truck in Ennistymon tonight called ā€˜The hungry veggieā€™, turns out the lad who has it was from the old neighbourhood, same school etc.

I got a falafel burger and some chips, we also got a few halloumi and pineapple burgers, a bean burger and some sweet potato fries, top class and very reasonable, have you tried it out @Raylan, think itā€™s your neck of the woods.
Food trucks could almost do with a thread of their own

3 Likes

Thereā€™s one in Shanagarry, the fry guys.

Oh. My. Fucking. Lord.

3 Likes

Could somebody please recommend a quality but reasonably priced hotel in Dublin? Do we even know whereā€™s good any more? It would be a family room type affair for my sister and her gang. Doesnā€™t necessarily have to be city centre but not a grim ā€œairportā€ hotel in Clarehall or Swords either.

Air b and b surely. Wonā€™t have to be all bayt into one room

She could try a Maldron. They used to be Quality anyway

2 Likes

Breakfast, room service and amenitiesā€¦ Fuck Airbnb

Athlone is a bit of a rough diamond. Town was buzzing last weekend but the weather was unreal so hardly a fair reflection. Cool town centre, straddling the river. Lots of nice looking pubs and restaurants (I didnā€™t get to sample much sadly)
It isnā€™t half as polished as some of the more touristy towns, but it has a lot of potential. Thereā€™s basically a motorway through half of it. Feels like if you need to go anywhere in athlone youā€™ve to get on the motorway or cross over the motorway. Iā€™d go back anyway. With a bit of tlc it could be a very nice town. They are trying to improve the place to be fair.
Itā€™s noticeably a very diverse town, which is great for choice of restaurants.

I was in Dublin for the last few days. Lads itā€™s in trouble. Like a ghost town. I walked down Pearse Street at 5 o clock Thursday and I barely passed a person. Used to be thronged heading for the dart at that time. Load of places closed or closing early etc. Sad to see it. Iā€™m sure the drinking spots are doing okay, but outside of there it seems to be dead altogether

1 Like

Clayton in Sandyford has interconnecting and larger family room options.

Have used the Aisling near Heuston a good few times. Family rooms, close to city centre and train station.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t there one in Liffey Valley thatā€™s gotten reviews here? I canā€™t think who it was now off the top of my head but it got plenty of comment at the time. :wink:

1 Like

The next 4 weekends are make or break for Dublin with the Semi Finals and Finals.

Surely Camden street will be rocking

The burlo mate. The finest and reasonably priced because its so big

In the village by the Gaa pitch?

Savage views of Quarryvale etc etc

2 Likes

What used to be the Burlington or what used to be Bewley next to the 4 seasons

At the back of the goalpost pub, I think they move about around the place, they were down by ballybranigan one of the days.

Sensational

1 Like