Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

Donegal has been rated the fourth best region in the world by the Lonely Planet for its 2024 travel guide. Describing the Donegal coast as “purely wild with a big heart”, it ranked the county below the west Balkans, Kangaroo island in Australia and Tuscany as must-see regions.

Just back from center parcs with the clan. What a spot but my God you would want some bankroll for it.

7 Likes

Yep. Savage spot but when you shelling out 50 quid for a treasure hunt and 90quid for treetop courses the dollars really add up. Its all about the rapids in the pool.

The pool is class. It’s expensive, but I think to be fair to it, it’s worth it.

It’s borderline worth it.

Ya. We spent the days in the pool and didn’t have them doing loads of activities. They were an awful rob.

Did a few meals in the house as well instead of going out. The bike rental was another rob we avoided.

It’s a well oiled machine when it comes to extracting the cash.

Sterling cash mostly, hopefully.

I’ll know all that the next time

How would you knock a full day out of Drogheda on your Todd without a car and no pints allowed?
Appreciate all responses

Get a train to Connolly

15 Likes

Protest outside the hotel

12 Likes

Weather is good, could walk down along the banks of the boyne. Go see Oliver plunketts head.

Sin e

Are you on your own? There’s a Boyne Camino walk of about 25km. If you’ve got the kids, you could probably go to Funtasia.
It’s a town near to me, but I’m very rarely there (usually just passing through on a late bus or train).

Edit: I see you are on your own.

1 Like

One of the most scenic train routes in Ireland. You could probably call it a day at Malahide tbh.

2 Likes

You can get a boat tour for a couple of hours along the Boyne as well.

Not the time for that, just killing about 4 hours there, I’ll probably go to the library :man_shrugging:

Do the boat tour so. That’s 90 minutes I think

1 Like

I’d say it’s very cold

I’d say leave him off lads.

What side of the train should he sit at?