Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

Why are the roads like down there ? Did you go over the rose Kennedy bridge and on down ?

Did the Bru na BĂłinne tour myself today. Brought the American acquaintances I referred to previously. A really good, well organised experience with knowledgeable experienced tour guides. Book well in advance would be my advice as if you rock up on the day you are unlikely to be able to do a tour which allows you to enter the passage tomb at Newgrange which is the highlight of the day. The part which is the tour around Knowth is also excellent.
Took my pals then to Newgrange farm back across the Boyne where they were able to hand feed lambs which was an experience for them.
A bizarre aspect of the day was that the ticket checker at the Bru na Bóinne Visitor centre was none other than former RTE newsreader Aengus Mac Rianna. “Is this what you are doing with yourself now” I said, to which he replied “yes”.

19 Likes

Wow. Interaction with the celebrity greatly enhances the chances of a spot…

Ineligible due to the being at work bye-law.

2 Likes

That’s why you’re the man

He’s yesterdays news

1 Like

Grand, we came from Waterford on the ferry, nice weather
Having a pint in Waterford now

2 Likes

Where are you having the pint?

See the other thread

Waterford is looking very well, it’s kicking ass in comparison to other Irish cities right now

My father in law is down with us and he insisted on getting the bus out to Ballygunner today, he was impressed :grinning:

2 Likes

Interesting insight. The local narrative is always negative but the Viking narrative quarter is a splendid innovation.

I was mighty impressed by all the murals in Waterford a few years back when I was down there. I think there is a Street Art festival still on the go?

Rarely have reason to be down that way, looking forward to the long awaited return to Walsh Park in next years round robin.

1 Like

:joy::clap:

No end to these RTE lads with the cash in hand.

Good boozers in Waterford?

You old dog @Pirlo - you kept that quiet

The town is full of good pubs. Geoffs and Downes’s would be my favourites.

1 Like

Downes is a class pub… I remember availing of their hospitality some years ago and being offered pint bottles of Guinness off the shelf…there were a few hardy annuals sitting up, supping away who were bemused by our reaction to bottled warm Guinness… it takes all sorts I guess

Just out to look at the setup like? Or was there a game

1 Like

That’s like something my FIL would do as well and if he got it in his head at all there’d be no stopping him.

5 Likes