Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

None of the above, he just wanted to see the area where the hurling team comes from, got off the bus by the church I think, strolled around a while and got back on, happy out :man_shrugging:

It looks great, lots of independent shops in the city centre, very clean and huge occupancy rate in the city, they’ve really pushed the boat out with promoting it as a historic city, it’s fabulous

Geoffs is a great spot, the grub was fantastic, very buzzy, we paid a bill over 200e so I didn’t feel guilty about taking two of these lovely glasses

5 Likes

I like to shake her up.

1 Like

Bar Battle of Boyne site and Trim Castle along with what you seen today, Meath really hasn’t got much to offer for a big enough county. Hope Aonghus is happier in his new job than RTE.

Another one of my bucket list items crossed off today. Finally visited the Aran Islands (Inis Mór). It was a dark,dank morning as I headed off towards Rossaveel but the optimist in me reminded me that Irelands rain always clears from the west. It was clearing as I got onto the ferry and had lifted by the time we reached Kilronan pier. I had decided to take a bus tour of the Island and took the first option that presented itself at the quay. John O’Donnell. John was an informative and genial guide and I’d say it’s the best 20€ I’ve spent in a long time. We were dropped at the foot of Dun Aonghusa and I climbed up and back. It’s incredible. When I got down I had a coffee and people watched before getting on the bus again and heading eventually back to the village where I supped a couple of pints outdoors - the weather was now glorious - before heading back to the ferry and back to Rossaveel. The uptick in the weather probably put the tin hat on it but it was as good a day out as I’ve had in many a long day. Would highly recommend.

34 Likes

I did the same as your good Deise self all of two years ago. Luke Flanagan was on a bike with his daughter behind the bus as we headed for the graveyard and raggedy looking gaa pitch. If I was to go there again, I’d love to stay there for about 2 nights. Felt like a place that needs to be explored more I felt coming away from it.

1 Like

Certainly as I sat there supping and looking down at the harbour the thought of spending a weekend there seemed quite appealing.

4 Likes

I’m heading for Doolin the end of next month, was thinking of exploring Inish Oir for the day. Feels like a thing we all should be doing by seeing all 3 islands.

2 Likes

Just back from an enjoyable week in the Inishowen Peninsula & in Derry/Londonderry.

Based mainly in the quaint fishing village of Greencastle & daytripped from there: Stroove & Culdaff Blueflag beaches, Malin Head, Wild Island wildlife park, Foyle Car Ferry across to Magilligan & around to Benore Beach & Downhill, European football on Thursday night in the Brandywell, Free Derry Corner & the Bogside.

Back home through the heart of mid Ulster & these grim loyalist shitholes in Tyrone & Armagh like Coagh & Hamiltonsbawn.

Here’s myself & the lads contemplating life on Malin Head yesterday.

17 Likes

Is that Friar Tuck?

4 Likes

Be sure to get the ferry that takes in the cliffs on the way back

They’re getting big, enjoy them. They won’t be staying hanging off you long now

1 Like

Yes. :rage:

Things become ridiculous very quickly if the zero blade isn’t maintained.

Spent a lovely weekend on Inis Mor about seven years back. Rented bikes and pedalled around at our ease. We like yourself got great weather. Twould be a miserable auld place of a bad day. But it’s a beautiful spot in the sun.

Was there a bit of a ‘Whif’ off John. I remember calling him Sean and he took a bit of offence. Sound lad all the same, and the one way system is fool (drink) proof.

I posted here before about how they avoid the green diesel dip. He’s a gas man.

Did the Galway bay to Inis Mór one the last time that took in the Cliffs… If I didn’t get sick on that, I never will… Fuck me… Couldn’t even look up. Was the day the hay truck turned over on the Naas Road, held up all @TheLimericks.

1 Like

My friend that looks magnifeicent…what a family holiday

Well done on being a top dad

2 Likes

Turkey for next year’s holiday will sort that

1 Like

Soft cunt. Ye are supposed to be Vikings FFS sake

How much time does the ferry take? Going up to Galway for a few days next month

40 minutes on the ferry and the guts of an hours drive from Galway to Rossaveel to make it. Al

1 Like