Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

Islands and mountains are the best of what we have to offer, almost all manageable in a single day

Cape Clear is still my favourite because of the memories

1 Like

Thanks. Would you need a full day out there?

Got the 10.30 ferry out. Came back on the 5. If you came back on the 4 youā€™d have plenty of time.

1 Like

Cliffs of Moher today. Clerk of the weather not in benevolent form today. But still impressive.

2 Likes

And on top of that me da and me grandad worked the Fishguard route for a combined 50 years or that!

Enjoy the day boss!

1 Like

Gorgeous spot. Thereā€™s a great cafe at the point before you ascend Dun Aeonghas. Iā€™ve often spent long weekends there and on the smaller Inisheer which I also love. Have not committed to a long stay yet five days / a week but will when the kids are old enough to enjoy it as well. Iā€™d say youā€™d have to book something a long, long way out to do a decent stay. Thereā€™s a small hotel on both islands.

1 Like

Kilkenny Castle today. Another very fine job by the OPW.

2 Likes

Did you get into the long room with all the paintings? Amzing stuff

Yes.

1 Like

Just to let you know that thereā€™s also ferries from Doolin.

1 Like

@balbec would prefer to give the few pound to the Macnas-heads rather than the poor Klares

1 Like

Well ye earn a few bob cutting our grass

Itā€™s a bad owl :owl: road out from Galway to Doolin and the Doolin ferries are much smaller which could be a cunt in a rough sea.

Depends on his travel plans. He could take in the Aran Islands on his way up or down from Galway, presuming heā€™s taking in Limerick.

The roads are poor but scenic enough for a man on holidays. And a fish supper might be the order of the day in New Quay.

1 Like

Thatā€™s true. I think itā€™s a marginally shorter trip from Doolin as well.

1 Like

West Cork is some underrated area, we are just back from there - massive variety of where to go with loads to see/do, very nice people, not ruined by tourism, great food/pub options. Beats the shit out of the much lauded Kerry for me with their cute hoors trying to rinse you for every last cent and of course itā€™s also thronged in tourists.

8 Likes

Iā€™ll be in Galway the previous two nights so itā€™s handier to go to Rossaveal

1 Like

Where were you? West cork off the beaten track has some value but clon etc are as pricey as anywhere else

Clonakilty isnā€™t really West though is it? Iā€™d consider Skibereen and beyond proper West Cork

2 Likes

Itā€™s not as west as Skibb but it is most definitely West Cork