Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

If the big shots like me won’t holiday in ireland, what hope have the Portuguese or Greeks getting value

1 Like

We don’t exactly have much else to offer bar scenery

1 Like

Treyvaud is a far right, self entitled cunt.

1 Like

He’s blaming everything that the headbangers give out about, because he’s been seduced by the headbanger likes and devotion, just another weak man pretending to be a MANLY MAN

1 Like

Massively busy place with people passing through and staying a night or two if have thought rather than anything else

Out minim wage is 3 x Hungary I checked as a matter of interest…our government has driven up the cost of everything massively…our excise duty on alcohol is almost 5 x that in hungary

I seem to recall one of the supermarkets in Clifden/Roundstone direction getting all the Donnybrook Fair stuff in for August only for the Dublin set. The Garveys in dingle is top notch as well.

Scallys in Clonakilty bates the shite out of the Super valu in Dingle,
Fields of Skibereen is also an excellent supermarket

1 Like

Budapest is an unreal city

2 Likes

Would you normally do the shopping in SV or do you just think it’s the novelty of it when youre on holidays…

There’s only 2 in Limerick, the one in Corbally is the worst SuperValu I’ve ever been in, the one in Castletroy is alright but it’s way too far,
It’d be Lidl or Tesco Roxboro for me.

But on holidays in Ireland it’d be SuperValu usually alright, I’d know most of the SuperValus in the touristy areas
I love supermarkets on the continent, I could get lost for half a day in a good supermarket

2 Likes

SuperValu is pricey as fuck. The one in Clon has a nice cafe to the right that has a few bits for kids to play with out back

15% flat rate income tax there.

1 Like

I’m half ‘ah jaysus’ about this, specifically knowing most of the touristy supervalues… but i loves a good root in a supermarket abroad myself…
Question. What do yiu think of the supervalu in Westport?

Unremarkable I’d say, like the one in Clifden.
But when you’re judging with Clon and Skibb in mind it’s a hard act to live up to,
Most SuperValu shops are better than the rest in small towns, usually good local produce as well.
But for day to day drudgery it has to be Lidl or Tesco, you’d be robbed in SuperValu, you’d want a healthy bank account

Mick Finns, De Barras and John O’Brien’s (up and coming contender) are the pubs in Clon to visit.

We called into the chunky chip on the way back from Rosscarbery recently but they don’t do fish :open_mouth::open_mouth: so we kept going

I’ve heard it’s decent but that’s ridiculous

They have it made the fuckers

1 Like

Ah I’ve lost all faith in you. The supervalu in westport is a close second to clonakilty. The Carkness is just way too strong in you.

Day in Dungarvan today. On the Greenway and then to the beach. Went to AndChips after the recommendations from the forums gastro experts @Fagan_ODowd and @Spidey. Great spot. The eldest Moffat declared that we should drive back down tomorrow for more. High Praise.

18 Likes