Staycation - Limerick's hard on for anything Kerry

I’ve never gone up or down the western side but it’s meant to be placid enough.

You wouldn’t be doing much running for the last bit of the ascent from the eastern side. :grimacing:

1 Like

Had three pints of Dick Macks finest just now. #backbaby

12 Likes

Bob Griffins have a fine set up out the back.

Did ye have a laugh about them sending little bottles of Paddy and jameson to @Mac and charging him €20 a pop?

8 Likes

Called into the shop on the way home. 2 litres of dick macs session IPA in a plastic bottle. How much?

A 2 litre bottle of IPA

€12?

I’m leaving dingle now. Had a grand break. You’d miss the foreigners around the place.

3 Likes

€19 (nineteen) :smiley:

In supervalu

Lack of foreign tourism meaning a lot of restaurants/bars only opening weekends.

2 Likes

I was in castlegregory today. Fairly bleak outlook chatting to a few people.

It’s quiet enough around alright. A lot of my old haunts seem closed, not sure if it’s because it’s Monday or because they can’t open. Sad to see.

Had a burger out the back there earlier. Some job now. Burger was daycent and all

1 Like

we linked up with a few more lads Saturday so had no choice to head to Paudie o sheas. It was fair bleak.

Lot of the locals seemed very down beat. Hopefully things pick up.

There was only one pub in clonakilty doing business last week as far as I could see. Had outdoor tables front and back

Paddy hates foreigners at the moment

1 Like

Very difficult to get staff at the moment with the PUP and still plenty support available if you don’t want to open

Jaysus. That would surprise me. What pub was it? Clon always a good town to make out

On way back from Ballinskelligs we took the scenic route through Ballaghsheen pass, Ballagh Béime gap over to Molls gap and into Killarney. There was surprisingly no one around Molls gap where before there would have been many tour buses. Ended up coming into Killarney via torc and Killarney national park and it was very quiet. It was a Thursday but Thursday is nearly a day that feeds into weekend for many these days. Last Tuesday a mist descended that didn’t lift all day so we went to sneem. The missus wanted to see a few craft shops and go for a scone and tea. Everywhere was closing around 3 as there was no one around and it wasn’t exactly conducive for outdoor dining. Sneem hotel very quiet as well. Depressing to see. Maybe when schools out families will head away in months of July and August and there will be a bounce but a lot of people I talk to have nothing booked.

Myself and my 3 best pals went on the lash in Lahinch yesterday I was glad of the distraction to be honest we did a little tour of the North Clare Riviera this morning @Tassotti

20 Likes

You may wish to delete that first photo mate.

1 Like